Chapter 13

Lorraine's POV 

After spending a couple of days in the hospital with Ben, the both of us were released to finally go home. Our family of four would finally be complete. I could not wait to get Ben home and Judy and him bond more. 

I pulled on a pair of my pants, a white shirt, and my beige sweater. Ed helped me gather our things so we could leave the hospital with our newest one. I put a warm onesie on Ben, and placed him in his carseat. I placed a blanket on top of him, and we soon left. 

Ed wheeled me down to the car that he had waiting on us warming up. I got out of the wheelchair holding the carseat and got in the backseat with Ben. Ed leaned down and placed a light kiss on my lips before he shut the door and got in the driver's seat to head home. 

Ben slept the entire way home, I too ended up falling asleep for a bit. It about about a thirty minute drive home. Ed drove carefully, more careful than he normally drives. I don't mind that at all, Ed wasn't here when Judy was born, he was over in Japan fighting the war when I delivered Judy. 

Once we arrived home, Ed woke me up and helped me out of the car. He grabbed Ben's carseat and carried him inside. I walked beside Ed and could not contain my smile. Our family was finally complete, and I could not have been happier. 

Judy and mother were in the livingroom when we got in the door. Judy came running in happily and mother followed in shortly. Ed set the carseat down on the table and I reached in and got a sleeping Ben out of the carseat. 

"Judy, I want you to meet your little brother, Ben," I said with a bright smile as I leaned down for her to see her little brother. 

"Ben?" She questioned as she reached out to touch Ben's nose. 

"It's short for Benjamin Edward," Ed said as he placed a hand on the small of my back.

"Do you want to hold him?" I asked Judy who quickly nodded in response. That caused me to giggle and I nodded as well. "Here, sit in the chair and I will hand him to you." 

Once Judy was seated in one of the kitchen chairs, I moved over to her and handed Ben over to Judy. Judy smiled brightly at Ben and tapped his nose gently. She talked to him and mumbled soft enough where none of us could hear. 

Once Ed and I got everything settled and Judy and Ben sat for a while, I got in the shower and quickly washed. I usually spend more time in the shower, but I was too excited to have everyone together and I wanted to spend time. Even though I am a stay at home mother and Ed usually stays with us too, I just cannot get used to having all of us together. 

After I got out of the shower, I made my way downstairs to where everyone was. Ben had begun to cry in Ed's arms. He was getting hungry, and it was about time to feed him anyways. Ed looked at me wide eyed, and a laugh escaped my lips. 

"I didn't do anything to him," Ed said innocently and held Ben out to me. 

"Relax honey, he is just hungry is all," I said taking Ben into my arms and him and I made our way back up the stairs. "Oh yeah? Tell mama about it. Your life is just so hard." 

I sat down in the rocking chair of the nursery, and I pulled my robe open and my nightgown down. I latched Ben on to my breast and he began to suckle. I hummed lightly when he grunted every now and then. 

"How is it going?" Ed said leaning against the door frame of the nursery. 

"We are getting along," I said looking down to Ben who was lazily sucking as he began to fall back asleep in my arms.