Chapter 11

20 Weeks 5 Days

Lorraine's POV 

I have been about to go crazy not doing anything. Not taking any cases and writing this stupid book Ed and I decided to write, is not my cup of tea. I would rather be out taking cases and helping people, but Ed will not let that happen. 

I woke up one morning, late. I looked over at the time and realized Judy had already gotten off to school, and I never got to say goodbye to her. I sighed softly and sat up. My head was pounding, and an odd smell wafted throughout the room, and I was up in a hurry and getting sick. 

This morning sickness was supposed to pass two weeks ago. I was never this sick when I was pregnant with Judy; I guess every pregnancy is different. I guess this time around I am just supposed to be miserable. 

I have got to get off of this pity party of mine. Women have worse pregnancies than I have right now, I should be happy that I am even pregnant again. The doctors told me I wouldn't be able to have another child, I guess I proved them all wrong. 

I just love the fact that God has graced us with another little bundle of joy. I am happy, I really am, but it is hard to be happy all of the time with rapidly changing hormones, and morning sickness well into my second trimester.

Finally, the morning sickness had subsided and I was feeling much better. I wanted to take more cases since I was feeling better, but Ed wanted to write this book. I was of course not thrilled about writing this book, but I wanted my husband to be happy.

I woke up earlier than Ed, that morning. I never woke up before Ed, for some reason I just woke up. This pregnancy has really kept me worn out, but that day I woke up with a lot of energy. I decided to get up and cook breakfast for everyone that morning.

I cooked pancakes, bacon, eggs, and potatoes. While I was cooking, I felt a presence, one that was not kind. I pulled everything off of the stove and walked to the room with everything we have taken from haunted houses. I placed a protective hand over my stomach as I unlocked the door. There I saw what looked to be an older man, and unkind man. He was touching one of the objects, I quickly felt light headed and sick to my stomach.

When I woke up, I was back in the bed, and Ed was sitting in the chair beside my bed. A doctor was checking my blood pressure again, and my head still pounded. I cracked open an eye and looked over to Ed. He of course had a worried look on his face when I made eye contact with him.

"What happened?" I asked softly, my throat was dry and sore. That was odd because I had been drinking a lot of water that morning, there was no reason why my throat should have been so dry.

"I found you passed outside of the collectors room," Ed said as his eyebrows furrowed. Then my eyes went wide, I remembered nothing, only opening the door and seeing a man standing and looking at one of the objects. I nodded slowly and closed my eyes for a moment.

Once the doctor had left, I sat up in the bed. Ed still had not let go of my hand. He was worried, I get that. The baby is fine, I know that, if something was not fine, I would know. I bit my lip trying to think of a way to tell Ed about the man I saw standing in the room.

"What is it, Lorraine?" He asked as his eyebrows furrowed slightly and he reached for my hand.

"I saw a man standing in the haunted room," I said and took a deep breath a with a sigh. "He was not good, I started to feel real dizzy, lightheaded, and then I woke up here. Ed, we need to get the house blessed again. Possibly an exorcism, as well."

Around the time when the house needed to be blessed, I knew it. Spirits would start to come around, the door to the room would open. I just know these things, no one questions me when I say the house needs to be blessed. Sometimes we can go three months before we have to have the room and the house blessed, sometimes we have to do it every week or so before the spirits calm down.

Ed brought me breakfast in bed later that morning, and we ate our food peacefully. I didn't know what to say when we were eating, I hate not knowing what to say. I usually do have to say something, or something right to say. I think most of the problem is, I am scared of this pregnancy and I want everything to go smooth.

Once everything was alright, I finally got out of bed, and made my way downstairs and went to see Ed and Judy. Judy was sitting in the den and reading a book, Ed was working on something, or writing our book. I wasn't really sure of what he was doing.

"I think I would like to go for a walk and get some fresh air," I announced as I looked over to Judy who looked up from her book and smiled; Ed took his glasses off and nodded as he stood up and placed the pencil back on the desk.

Once I was dressed in a sweater and some tan pants, we all headed back out of the house and walked down to the park. I kept an arm wrapped around Ed as we walked down the sidewalk, it was nice to get out of the house for once. I don't think Ed and I have gotten out of the house much since our last case in London. That took a lot out of me, and I was not too far along in my pregnancy.

Writing has never been my forte, and Ed wanted to get this book written. I have been letting him write most of the book. I cannot sit down and write for hours on end, like Ed does. I have no patience to sit and write on our experiences. I have met and know too many skeptics.

Ed and I took a seat on one of the park benches and Judy went of to go play in the park. I leaned against Ed as we watched Judy play. She ran around and played on all of the equipment in the playground. Ed kept an arm wrapped around me and a protective hand placed on my growing bump.

We finally had our house blessed and a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. Ed and I finally got the book written, and sent it off to the publishers. I have a quite a while before this baby is born, that means no cases in the mean time, because Ed will not let me go out on a case. He is protective of me, and I need to stop being so mad.

A/N So sorry it has taken me so long to write this chapter! I have been extremely busy my last year of school. I also have a laptop that is available to me all of the time. I hope you all liked this chapter, please vote and comment what you think. I hope to get the next chapter out fairly quickly, I also plan on writing a Law and Order SVU fic because I have been inspired.

I am thinking of writing about the birth next chapter!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

DH