Chapter 10

Lorraine's POV 

9 Weeks 7 Days

Ed and I walked inside the house, it was nice, warm, and comfortably silent. Ed took one of the toys from the house and went and placed it in the "occult museum" as everyone calls it. I took my jacket off and placed it on the coat rack next to the door. I walked into the den and ran my fingers over the record player. I picked out our Elvis record and placed it on and put the needle on top. I turned up the music and it began to flow through the house. 

I reached for Ed's hand and he took it gently and pulled me closer to him. I wrapped my free arm around his back, and rested my forehead against his. My eyes slowly closed as we swayed around the living room to Elvis. It was nice to be back in the comfort of our own home, and some nice alone time before Judy got home. 

Once the song stopped, Ed and I stopped swaying, but I stayed in his embrace. He kept both of his arms around me, and I stayed silent. The house was silent after the record had stopped. The house was quiet, but the silence was nice and comforting once more. 

We finally pulled away and I looked up at Ed for a moment. I didn't know how long I could possibly keep from not telling him. Ed and I tell each other everything, and I can't keep this secret from him. When I found out I was pregnant I wrote him that day. It took a while for him to get the letter over seas, but I wanted him to know. 

"What is it?" He asked curiously and tapped my nose gently. He leaned forward and pressed a kiss to my lips. 

"Ed," I whispered and my tone got a little more serious. My smile and I took a deep breath, I have to tell him. "Ed, I'm pregnant." 

"What?" He asked a look of shock washed over his features. "What did you just say? Are you seriously pregnant?" 

"I'm am," I said with a reassuring smile. I nodded more relieved when a smile spread across his lips.  "I am about nine weeks pregnant, I found out a little before we left for London." 

"Lorraine," Ed stopped in surprise and his eyebrows furrowed once more. "Something bad could have happened to you. You know I would have never forgiven myself for you getting hurt, and our child getting hurt."

"Ed, we had to go help that family," I commented with a sad sigh. I took his hand and placed it on my flat stomach. "I promise you that this baby is fine, and I am fine.  You have never doubted me. Just trust me on this." 

"Honey. I do trust you, I just don't want to take any chances of you getting hurt," Ed said sadly and pressed a kiss to my forehead. 

"You remember before we went and worked at the Perron house?" I asked as we both went to sit down on the couch. "You said we should take some time off and write that book, maybe we should do just that."

"You can't be serious?" Ed asked with a chuckle as he looked at me. "This is coming from the woman who will not turn down any case."

"Maybe it is time for us to do just that," I admitted with a soft sigh. I snuggled up close to him. "Write a book, or two."

We both sat in silence for a while, the room stayed silent and I soon started to fall asleep. I felt a blanket being wrapped around my body. Ed must have figured out that I had fallen asleep.

The trip to London was fast and furious. Jet lag was clearly present in both of us. We didn't have time to adjust into anything before our work began. Every case doesn't give you any time though, you are just thrown into it.

I don't know what time it was that I woke up, but I smelled dinner being cooked and Ed had left me to sleep. I could hear Judy and my mother in the kitchen talking with Ed.

I don't know what it was that was being cooked, but the smell made my stomach churn. I threw the blanket off of myself and ran as fast as I could to the bathroom. I never missed the sickness that comes with pregnancy. After I got sick, I made my way into the kitchen where everyone was.

"Hey guys," I said moving over to hug Judy. I looked at the clock to see it read 6:00 p.m. "How long have you two been here?"

"For about an hour or so," mother said with a shrug. She continued to stir whatever it was in the pot.

"What are you making?" I asked curiously as I peeked over her shoulder to see what it might be.

"I made us some potato soup," She said with a smile. She took the spoon out and placed it on the spoon holder. We all stood together in the kitchen. Judy stayed in my arms, and Ed wrapped his arms around me.

After dinner was eaten, and dishes were cleaned, we all sat around the Christmas tree. Ed and I planned on telling Judy on Christmas morning. I do hope she will be excited about having a sibling. Getting pregnant was most definitely unplanned, but I am happy about having another child.

Judy took a shower and went to bed. I laid in bed with her for a while. I ran my fingers through her hair and pressed several kisses to her head. I do hate missing out on so much of her life. Sometimes I do regret taking cases.

Once Judy had been asleep for a while, I got up and made myself to our room. A shower and bed sounded amazing. Ed was still awake reading Bible.

"Judy is out like a light," I commented as I went to get my nightgown before getting in the shower.

"Good," Ed mumbled as he continued to ready his Bible. I took that as an opportunity to get into the shower.

After I took my shower, I got dressed, dried my hair, and went into our room. Ed was still awake reading. I crawled into the bed next to him. He laid his Bible down and slide down next to me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked curiously as I curled up next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and held me close.

"I'm feeling okay," I mumbled to him and sighed softly.

We spent most of the night talking about the new baby, and planning on a nursery. Even though we were both exhausted, we were so excited about a new baby. I don't think either one of of slept a lick that night.

A/N I am so sorry it took me so long to get a chapter out! I have been super busy and sick as well! I hope you all liked this chapter.

Baby Warren is on its way! I will try to update soon!

Hope you all had Happy Holidays!

DH