Chapter Eleven - The Cry For Help

As soon as Marth left, I pounced on Ike angrily.

"Where's the staircase?" I shouted, pushing his shoulders roughly. When he didn't budge, I only got angrier.

"Even if you did go looking for him, you'd get lost," Ike said calmly.

I felt a hand lightly pull me away.

"I'll go with her," Felix said firmly. Ike and Felix both glared at each other until Ike nodded and turned away.

Felix grabbed my hand and started to walk in a different direction.

"If anything happens to them, I'm holding you personally responsible!" I called back to Ike who rolled his eyes.

Felix tugged my hand a bit harder until we rounded a corner that ended in a staircase.

"They'll be okay with Ike," Felix murmured with a smile.

I walked quickly to the staircase. Felix pulled ahead and I was surprised to notice how tall he'd gotten.

"Where do you think he is?" I asked.

Felix gave a low chuckle as we started to ascend quickly up the stairs. "Could be anywhere. Hopefully defending Zoey."

I gritted my teeth and followed after him as he wildly followed corridors. After a few minutes of endless hallways, I tugged on Felix's hand, pulling him to a stop.

"Do you know where you're going?" I asked.

"It's hard to look for him properly when we can't be seen," Felix muttered, "And I have no idea whether or not anyone knows you're out of your cell. If they knew we were going to find Zoey, they'd hide her."

He started to walk off again until he came to an immediate halt and I crashed into him from his sudden stop. He put an ear to the hallway wall and started following along it. I raised an eyebrow and trailed slowly a fair distance away to avoid crashing into him if he stopped.

"Fel-," I began until he loudly shushed me and cocked his head to the side as if listening to something.

"I hear Dar," Felix mumbled before walking faster down the hall. I felt my legs start speeding down after him, almost to the point of running. It wasn't long until I could hear Dar's voice too.

His voice got louder and louder until Felix and I stopped right outside a wooden door.

"Radio room," Felix whispered, "Still got your knife?"

I mutely nodded and held it out in a defensive way. Felix flung open the door and jumped it, expecting an attack. Darius glanced over his shoulder and turned back to a complex machine.

"Calm down, can you tell me your name?" Darius said to it, raising his voice.

"No!" Said a man on the other line. His voice sounded frantic and the bad connection filled the room with static.

"Look, I can help you. At least tell me where you are?" Darius tried to reason. I hear Felix close the door behind me and walked to Darius's side. He started pressing buttons and the static faded slightly.

The man listed of a bunch of numbers which Darius wrote down.

"On an island?" Darius asked, eyes narrowed in thought.

"Yes! Please come. There is another here. He is injured."

"How bad?" Felix asked, stealing the microphone from Darius, "What is wrong with him?"

The man didn't answer for a moment, seeming to notice the change in voice. "He was injured with a knife protecting me, it has worsened. Infected. I know because I had the same thing not long ago."

Felix's eyes suddenly lit up. "Michael? Michael Roberts?"

The man again fell silent.

"It's me, Felix. You were talking to Darius before. Shayde is here too," Felix said excitedly.

Then the man gave what sounded like a chuckle. "Should have figured you lot would answer me. But I thought Shayde wasn't part of The Legends?"

I couldn't help a groan as I quickly snatched the microphone from Felix. "Michael, we're coming to help you. We'll explain everything when we arrive and we expect an explanation from you too."

"Yes," Michael agreed, "But there is also something you must know. Hunter is with me. He only has days left. You must save him."

"Hunter?" I whispered, eyes widening in shock.

I glanced at Darius's expressionless face. When he locked eyes with me, I watched as thousands of emotions ran through his eyes at an alarming rate. I reached over and grabbed his hand, squeezing it gently.

"It's okay," I whispered in his ear as Felix started rapidly shooting questions at Michael.

"What if it's not? I already lost him once, I can't lose him again," Darius mumbled in a pained voice. His eyes darted over to Felix and back to mine so quickly, I almost thought I imagined it.

"You won't lose either of them," I sighed, referring to both Hunter and Felix. I then paused, studying him closely. "And you won't lose me either."

And with that, I pressed my lips lightly against his. Just as I felt him react, the door swung open and I hear someone let out a strangled cry of surprise.

-

Fml, I'm so sorry. Damn writers block will be the death of me. This chapter is not my best and shorter than usual. Hope you still love it regardless. Thanks for sticking with me if you end up reading this.

Much love,

Lucie,

xo