Chapter Sixteen - Sharius

As I opened the door, Ike and Darius both turned to look at me shyly.

"Oh," I huffed in surprised, "Am I interrupting?"

"Not at all," Darius said with a grin.

"We heard someone come in," Ike told me curiously, "Who was it?"

"Some kid," I answered, "I know how we're going to get to Michael and Hunter."

"How?" Ike asked excitedly.

"Secret," I grinned with a wink, "We leave tomorrow, bright and early."

Ike rolled his eyes and walked past me to exit through the door. As he closed it behind him, he turned to me and winked. I smiled and approached Darius's side slowly.

"You're meant to be resting," I told him quietly, observing his still sitting up frame.

"You told me to stay, so I haven't moved," Darius argued. I sighed and sat next to him, taking his arm in my hands, viewing his stitched up wound.

"I'm fine," Darius murmured, shaking his arm out of my grip.

"That stupid..." I began, searching for a word.

"I know," He sighed, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"And Ava."

"I know."

I covered my face with my hands, feeling tears starting to form. Silently, Darius pulled me closer so my head was pressed into his shirt. A few stray tears fell but I took a deep breath and centred myself. After a few moments, Darius pulled back to look at me.

"Did I ever tell you that," He began, his hazel eyes sparkling, "You're beautiful?"

I froze, unsure on how to reply until he leant in slowly and pressed his lips against mine. Warmth built up inside me, pushing away all the sorrow I had been feeling and I wrapped my arms around his neck, eager for more. The kiss deepened almost immediately as we both tried to get as close as possible.

A thought suddenly formed in my head and I pulled away. Darius had an expression on his face that was almost a pout.

"We can't do this," I sighed, "Not here, not now."

Darius muttered something under his breath that I didn't hear. "You're right. I'm sorry."

"Maybe when this is all over," I said quietly, "Now lie down and rest. You need your strength." I pushed his body until his head was on the pillow. He looked at me thoughtfully for a few moments until removing his feet from the floor and stretching out of the bed.

"Lie with me?" He asked, extending one arm in invitation. I didn't hesitate in curling up beside him and falling asleep to the steady beating of his heart.

***

As sunlight streamed through the window, I slowly came too. Memories from last night filled my head and my body went stiff when I realised I was still wrapped up in Darius's arms.

He must have felt the change as he too stirred and opened his eyes.

"Oh, hi," He murmured with a grin, like he had only just noticed I was there.

I snorted in amusement. "Morning."

"What's the time?" He asked.

"Yes, I would know that because clocks still work," I muttered, rolling my eyes. A faint knocking alerted me and I detangled myself from Darius. I stumbled over to the door and ran a hand through my bed head before opening the door.

"Time to go," Ike said, hand still up in the air from knocking, giving Darius and I a suggestive look. Over Ike's shoulder, I could see Whitney leaning against a wall, holding a rifle that definitely seemed too big for her. She must have seen me looking at it because she shrugged her shoulders and smiled.

"Just in case," She said. Another quick glance around made me raise an eyebrow in surprise.

Oliver had his guitar in a case on his back with bolts sticking out behind it, wielding a cross bow. Everyone else, even Winter, was equipped as equally if not as much Oliver. They looked ready to fight a war.

Ike suddenly picked something off the ground and handed it to me.

I took the gun he offered me and smiled. "Well, come on then," I told him.

--

Shorter than usual! :O But wanted all the good parts in one chapter. Sharius <3!

Much love,

Lucie,

xo