Chapter 6

I most obviously don't own harry potter or Percy Jackson

SCOTLAND - HOGWARTS

Harry potter was beyond nervous, he along with the other new first years were waiting outside the huge double doors that led to the Great Hall. Beyond the door he could hear loud chatter and a few stray shouts and yells. The boy and his new friend Ron Weasley and about a dozen other first years were waiting to get sorted, quietly muttering among themselves when a bored drawling voice was heard  "well well well the Harry Potter has arrived" the voice came from a first year with distinctive platinum blonde hair and an arrogant smirk. The boy looked rich, with his silk shirt and fancy robes underneath his Hogwarts one.

The blonde was accompanied by a boy that looked kind of intimidating to Harry. He was taller then all the other first years, a good 5 inches or so taller then himself, and had messy jet black hair that was styled perfectly. He had high cheekbone and the most piercing sea green eyes harry have ever seen. The tall boy practically screamed royalty.

"The names Malfoy, Draco Malfoy" the boy - Malfoy told him, and next to Harry Ron snickered. Draco's cold eyes turned to the ginger "think my name's funny do you? no need to ask who you are. My father told me all the Weasleys have red hair, freckles, and more kids than they can afford" Ron got redder with each word and Harry was starting to get mad at this boy for insulting his friend "you'll soon find out some wizarding families are much better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort, I can help you there" Draco offered the other a hand which was firmly rejected "no thank you, I think I can tell who the wrong sort is myself" and as Harry said this as confidently as he can the calculating gaze of sea green eyes made him waver.

"It seems that Potter has made up his mind. Come Draco, let's leave his highness to the blood traitor" a sickly sweet voice murmured with a vicious smile, swiftly turning away and leaving the destined chosen one of the Wizarding World with a fearful feeling in his stomach. 

Percy's POV

Percy felt a tinge of annoyance that bloody Potter just told Draco off like that. His father once told him that his loyalty would one day be the end of him, but he could not help it. Draco has been his companion for ages and he would not let Dumbledore's golden boy insult him like that.

For the next few minutes the son of the Dark Lord composed him self, traces of his irritation gone in a blink. Percy was confident he was going to end up in Slytherin but there was a lingering anxiousness in his stomach that made him feel like he wanted to take off in a broom back to the manor. Nevertheless, he took a deep breath and shifted his expression and stance to one that suggested he was calm and couldn't care less about what was going on, one that showed his pureblood upbringing in the way that his shoulders set back and his spine straightened.

As the professor came back to escort them into the great hall, Percy and Draco walked side by side to the loud dining hall. There were the four houses, and the long table up front with all the Professors. Professor McGonagall stopped in front of the legendary sorting hat.

When the Hat started singing, Percy wasn't even phased. Well he does live in the wizarding world, if wizards exist why not singing hats? Once it finished its singing everybody clapped, the Gryfindors being the loudest. Professor Mcgonaggal said something but Percy wasn't listening, he was staring at one of the professor that stood out to him.

Names started getting called and people got sorted. When Draco got sorted he was obviously very pleased (Slytherin, where else would that bastard end up in). When his name got called he saw Dumbledore look up with sudden interest. The old coots eyes stopped twinkling. Percy inwardly smirked and strode confidently up to the chair and let the old hat to be dropped on his head.

"well.. well.. well.. another Riddle" said a voice from the back of his head "this will be interesting" murmured the hat with only a slight hint of amusement "I think you know where I will be sorted to" Percy thought, raising an eyebrow. "Yes, well.. better be SLYTERHIN!" the hat yelled out. All the Slytherin's clapped politely, Draco the loudest. Those who knew who he was looked at him with respect and nodded. Percy sat beside Draco and watched the rest of the sorting played out, knowing that Dumbledore had his subtly observant eyes watching him.

Ones the sorting finished with Blaise being the last Dumbledore stood "before we eat I'd Like to say nitwit! Blubber! oddment! Tweak!" He announced and food appeared in all the tables "crazy that one is" an older student muttered "the name is Marcus Flint" the boy introduced himself with a nod  "pleasure" Percy answered politely before continuing to eat.

While the Slytherin all ate with poise and manner, the Gryffindors were eating in a way that was har . Percy saw immediately the line between the Gryffindors and Slytherin, he saw the way many of the Slytherin looked at them disdainfully.

Percy looked at one raven haired boy who ate like he never did before, beside him the ginger haired Weasley ate like it was the last time he will ever eat such a feast. Well he probably never had such a feast, Percy thought smirking.

After the food was finally all gone Percy did not listen as Dumbledore made some speech. The new Slytherin instead looked along the length of the table thinking what it will be like for the next year. He was thinking about his new nimbus when everybody stood up, Dam (*smile*) ADHD was a problem sometimes. Percy turned to Draco "what did he say?" he asked Draco just smirked "I forgot you were ADHD" Percy scowled "Draco..." he warned "fine fine he just said something about the third floor and dying horrible deaths" Draco informed him.

Percy inwardly laughed, the old coot should have known better then to announce it to the school, especially to the Gryffindors who were already smirking and looking at each other with -are-you-thinking-what-I'm-thinking? looks. Percy grinned "well at least the Gryfs will probably dwindle in numbers this year" Percy said making the other boy and those around them listening let out a chuckle.

They were led to the dungeons and were shown a stone wall "here is the door to the Slytherin dormitories, do not tell anyone or we will have to take direct action" the male prefect said a bit threateningly "the password is Dolosus, new passwords will be posted in the common room board every week" the prefect told the first years before repeating the password to the stone wall which opened up, sort of like the entrance to Diagon Alley. It opened up to a circular big room, the common room of Slyterhin.

Everything was decorated in dark green and silver with splashes of black. The couches were made of fine leather, there were Slytherin banners, portraits of the great Salazar Slytherin and other great alumni. There were book shelves filled to the brim with books of different kinds.

"All right, all of you heard lots of bad things about Slyterhin yeah?" the female prefect begin, most of the first years nodded "well forget them all, we are the den of snakes we watch out for each other we respect each other we help each other" the male prefect continued "if you have a feud with any other snakes keep them within the common room outside those doors we will show a united front" they took turns talking.

"My name is Jessica Arbitratrix, this is Joe" The female prefect said waving to the other prefect "if you have any problems come to us, we will help where we can but you will have to learn to fight for your selves. Most of the teachers and students here think we're the devil's spawn" Joe said, rolling his eyes. "Still cant believe how blinded they are" Joe murmured but most of the first years heard it nonetheless. "The female dorms are up stairs and the males go right down stairs. Your trunks and belongings are already in your rooms, I advise that you do not stay up late on the first night" after this warning the prefects dismissed the students to do what they please.

Draco, Blaize, Theo and Percy all ended up staying in one room together. The sea green eyed boy chose the bed closest to the window that shows the lake and unpacked all his books and clothes, placing parchment on his desk and preparing his things for tomorrow. The boy grabbed a fresh pair of silk pajamas and changed "goodnight Riddle" Draco murmured before Percy could doze off "goodnight Malfoy" he mumbled sinking into the realm of Morpheus.

-Edited on 28th of July 2018-