Chapter 14

RIDDLE MANOR

Percy woke up to the sound of an elf shaking him awake "young lord! you is called by master Riddle for breakfast, it is Christmas today!" remembering the date, the boy ran to the bathroom to quickly shower before changing into a pair of trousers and a sweatshirt. 

He happily walked to the dinning hall with a slight skip to his step and can you really blame a guy for wanting presents? Greeting the Dark Lord the young wizard sat in his seat "father, may I attend the Malfoy's Christmas ball tonight ?" Percy asked as he load his plate with food "you may but remember to use your cover should anyone ask" his cover was that his mother was originally from a pure blood family in Greece (and she was) and that she came to London and married his father who is currently away at a business trip in China.

After Percy finished breakfast, he slid a small wrapped parcel from his pocket over to his father. "Merry Christmas my Lord" the boy smiled cheekily before moving away from the table to leave the dining room. Before he could do so however, Tom mentioned offhandedly that he had something waiting for him back in his room and  Percy bowed his head slightly, trying to cover up the expression of excitement on his face. 

His father rarely made the effort to give him anything for birthdays or Christmas so when he did give the boy something it was hard not to feel happy about it.

 "You better enjoy it Brat" the Dark Lord murmured to the now empty room, rolling his eyes slightly at his adopted son's behaviour. 

Returning back to his bedroom, Percy found a small wrapped box sitting innocently on top of his desk. Quickly unwrapping the gift, he found the most beautiful watch settled on a soft velvet cushion. Percy gently picked up the gold watch and ran his thumb over the light blue and green engravings. The watch itself was rather simple but it was elegant and had a few personal touches. He could read out his name etched in Ancient Greek, a language he was surprisingly fluent at, on the casing which was incredibly thoughtful of his father. Percy strapped on the watch gently to his right hand before a sense of dread settled in his stomach as he remembered that he hadn't send any presents to any of his friends yet. 

                                          ----------------------------------------------------------

MALFOY MANOR

Draco's P.O.V

Draco stood beside his parents, greeting the guest that had been invited, all of whom were important and influential figures in the Wizarding World. The ballroom had been decorated grandly with elegant bright lights that were carefully strung across the space, artful tapestries with beautiful embroideries hung from the domed ceiling, and there was even a giant Christmas tree in the corner of the room that had something similar to snow falling gently on it. Draco looked around for his friends, Daphne was already there wearing an astonishingly beautiful white knee length dress and a gold outer robe and Theo was with Blaize, both were wearing their best formal dress robes as well. The Malfoy's parties were always important events in the pureblood circles, one always had to dress to impress. 

The platinum blonde boy was looking around for Percy when his friend talking to a few students from Hogwarts with a charming lopsided smile plastered on his face. Draco had to admit that he was often envious of Percy, how can he not with how handsome his friend was? The boy's hair was unruly yet it was charming rather than messy, his expensive dark green robes hugged his surprisingly fit figure. Not to mention the way Riddle was so effortlessly graceful and composed which made the young Malfoy slightly resentful which was admittedly very irrational of him.

Draco could even see most of the girls attending was staring at his friend with blushes on their cheeks and the boys with envious stares. 

Pushing those thoughts away, he approached Perseus who noticed him and grinned "Draco! Good to finally see you, how was France?" the other was clearly happy to see his friend who had spent the past few weeks before in the country to stay at the "modest" sized Cottage at the peaceful country side his family owned. Draco was only happy to inform Percy of how beautiful it was this time of the year and how his mother was delighted to be able to go there again.

The two friends then exchange presents which both boys pocketed to open later on. Both Percy and Draco went over to their other friends, the blonde going over to Theo and Blaise who seemed  to be arguing over the uses of charms and transfiguration in a duel, using their hands to enthusiastically articulate their ideas. The sea green eyed boy approached Daphne who was sipping at a goblet of punch, the both of them laughing at the antics of their friends. 

Percy's P.O.V

Percy was talking to Daphne when a woman wearing silk robes in the Greengrass house colours, white and gold, came over to them. 

"Daphne! You have yet to introduce me to any of your friends... Who is this handsome young lad?" the woman smirking. Daphne, who had scowled the whole time the mystery Greengrass was talking, rolled her eyes. 

"This is Perseus, Perseus this is my cousin from my mother's side Phoebe" Daphne reluctantly introduced the two. Percy shook the woman's hand "well Perseus, got a last name?" Phoebe asked raising her eyebrow.

"Riddle, Perseus Riddle" he answered which made her look at him skeptically "Riddle? I don't know any pure blood named Riddle" the Greengrass was now frowning. 

"My mother was a pureblood I assure you, her name was Sally Olympus. She came from an old pure blood family in Greece" Percy explained. 

"If you really must know, she came to England to marry my father who is a half blood ancestor of the Peverall family" the cover story was pretty much true, only the bit about his mother marrying one Tom Riddle was a lie. Phoebe seemed content with the explanation "Peverall you say? They are decedents of the Slytherin line and the Olympus family are one of the oldest and most richest pure blood families in the world" the woman almost seemed impressed "well I'll leave you two now, I think mother and father is calling" Phoebe walked away to the two Greengrasses beckoning her over.

"Thank Merlin she's gone, Phoebe can be so irritating" Daphne had an apologetic expression on her face, "now now it's not her fault that she fell for the charms of one Perseus Achilles Riddle" Percy hummed, smirking in an arrogant manor. 

"If it helps you sleep at night then sure" Daphne replied, laughing at her friend. 

Percy generally had a great time, well.. except that one time when he "accidentally" blew up the punch but it wasn't like people knew who did it so he was fine.. for now.

Most of the people invited was already leaving when he saw his dad appeared besides Mr. Malfoy who bowed his head deeply in respect. The two lords were whispering to each other when Percy got closer  and Tom wordlessly give out his arm to his son who took it and they both apparated away. Percy manage to stumble into his room and changed into a pair of shorts and a t- shirt before he fell into his bed and sank into a deep sleep.  

Close to 1k!!!

So yeah I'm making Sally a pureblood wizard of a family I made up and please enjoy and tell me what you think thank you!

- ThatBookFanatic

Edited March 22 2020