Chapter 15

RIDDLE MANOR

The rest of Percy's holiday was peaceful, even relaxing. He spent the next few days enjoying his Christmas gifts. He had new custom made dragon hide quidditch gloves from Draco and a new wand holster from Daphne. Theo gifted Riddle a leather-bound book about Greek mythology as he noticed how much his friend was interested in it. Pansy gave him brand new day robes that she said: "brought out his eyes" and lastly, Blaize had given him a new polishing set for his broom. Draco's parents had even thoughtfully given him a set of rare quills.

But enough talk about presents, currently Percy was preparing his trip back to Hogwarts and his room looked like a mess when he remembered that magic existed.

"Scourgify" Percy exclaimed, pointing his wand to the mess and smirking in lazy victory as he watched the clothes neatly fold themselves and flew towards a duffel bag (his trunk was still in Hogwarts). He cursed for not thinking about the spell earlier.

Percy placed a few more things in the bag before he stood up and stretched, there was too many things he had to do to prepare.

Prepare to steal the Philosopher stone.

----- Time lapse -----

"Well boys we're back again," Percy said, unpacking his stuff in their room. "Thanks for the book Perce how did you even find it? That thing must've cost a lot" Theo thought about the rare thick tome on arthimancy the boy had given him for Christmas "hmm? oh, It was nothing really" Percy replied smirking, slightly.

Since classes weren't starting until tomorrow the rest decided to walk around the grounds of the school. "You sure you won't come with us Riddle?" Blaise asked for the third time.

"I'm just going to catch up on some rest" Percy was lying of course, when the others step out of this room he would be getting ready to check out the third floor and try to find the famed stone.

Percy strapped on his wand to his new holster and put on gray robes that had a hood. His hand reached out to the pendant around his neck "Ceaucus" he whispered and moving quickly to the mirror he could see his body slowly disappearing. The young wizard grinned at the sight before him and then quickly left the common room, trying not to get jostled by the others.

Percy luckily went to the third floor without a problem, he looked around for a while before finding a single locked door. Strange, the rest of the rooms weren't locked  the boy thought. Percy prepared himself and clutched his wand before slowly opening the door and peeking inside and holy Hera it was a Cerberus.

The son of the Dark Lord quickly closed the door as quietly as one can without awakening the beast.

Percy then walked frantically back to the Slytherin Dungeons and his room where he sat heavily on his bed, mind going a hundred miles and hour as he tried to piece together a plan.

Of course there was gonna be security! It's also possible each teacher contributed something to it.  The young Riddle ended up browsing through the small bookshelf that all the boys shared and looked for books on magical beasts and different charms and potions. If there was even a possibility that each teacher had set up a challenge then he wanted to be sure of his skills on all subjects.

Reluctantly, Percy dumped all the books he had taken on his bed and first changed into much comfier clothing before climbing into his bed to skim through the pages of the first book he had taken, which, strangely enough, was about Greek Mythology.

Huh, it was the book he had borrowed before Christmas which he hadn't been able to read yet and so, for the rest of afternoon he ended up reading about the different Gods and Goddesses of Olympus, different mythology and to his luck, he also managed to find information on the Cerberus. well  Percy thought,  at least that's one problem solved.

Just before the rest came, Percy managed to read all the books and had even created a solid plan.

And it involves the snake pendant hanging down his neck. 

1K READS!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for reading and supporting this book and please tell me what you think,

- ThatBookFanatic

Edited: March 21 2020