Chapter two: Where it all began

Jay's POV

(Back to the first dimension)

"Hahaha! You missed!" I said as I dodged Lloyd's attack.

"I never miss," Lloyd said, smirking.

Oh yeah. I completely forgot about that. I turned around and a green dash of light attacked me, causing me to fly and land on my butt, defeated.

Everyone was cheering for Lloyd, he helped me up and gave me a pat on the back.

"You suck, Jay," Cole snorted.

"You--- you weren't much better," I stammered, "Lloyd defeated all of us."

"You should have seen Kai," Zane said then everyone except Kai started laughing.

Kai's face turned red, "Hey! Sh-- shut up! It wasn't my fault!"

Sensei Wu appeared behind them. We stopped laughing, except for me so Lloyd socked me in the stomach.

"Enough is enough," Sensei Wu placed hands on Cole and Kai's shoulders, "That's plenty of training for one day. Come I have a surprise for all of you."

We all stared at each other confused then followed him inside.

We stared in awe as we saw our new uniforms. They had shiny metal on them with gold, glitter, and everything that I can imagine!

"Master, what is with these uniforms?" Zane asked, "What will they be used for?"

"I'm glad you asked Zane," Sensei Wu started to explain, "These are just for a ceremony tonight."

I groaned loudly, "You mean we don't really get to fight crime in these? Awww I was so looking forward to it."

"I'm sorry, Jay. But why would we  fight crime on Lloyd's birthday?"

We all gasped except for Lloyd, "Birthday?!"

Lloyd chuckled, "Yeah, I wanted to surprise you guys. I'm really excited about this."

"Congratulations, Lloyd," Kai replied, "How old are you turning?"

"Wouldn't you like to know," Lloyd walked away from him.

"I suggest you get ready now," Wu replied, "Otherwise I'll make the cake myself."

Cole's eyes grew wide, "CAKE?! Outta my way!"

Cole shoved everyone, grabbed an outfit, and zoomed upstairs.

What is up with him and the cake? I thought.

We grabbed our outfits and headed upstairs. I tried it on and it looked awesome. I head to the bathroom. Kai was showing off in his suit, trying to look sexy. Cole was struggling to put his on since he wanted to help with the cake, not really knowing if he only wanted to devour it. I don't know where Zane went, but I'm pretty sure he likes his suit.

I finally reach the bathroom. I jumped to see that Zane was already there.

I stood next to him and started to brush my hair. All I wanted to do was impress Nya. Thanks to Cole our relationship is all messed up. But tonight I'm gonna do it.

I'm gonna kiss Nya tonight.

Zane sprayed on some cologne and then handed it to me. I put some on after I applied hair spray. Apparently, I didn't put on much because Nya's allergic to perfume.

When we were all finished we all had jobs to do. Cole, of course, helped Sensei Wu with the cake, Me and Kai had to decorate the outside and Zane had to decorate the inside.