Chapter twelve: The Rescue

Nya's POV

I couldn't believe my ears.

Were we going to Evil Lloyd's place? This can't be happening. This can't be happening! I'm not ready for this.

We stared at each other, horrified, then headed back inside the ship. I sat next to Jay, and Kai sat next to him.

While we were flying, I stared out the window. I was beginning to feel the sweat drip down my face. Jay notices me.

"Is everything alright, Nya?" Jay asked me.

"Yeah...." I paused, "Just...nervous, that's all."

Jay touches my shoulder, "Don't worry, we'll protect you since you don't have an Obsebion Sword."

I smiled, "Thanks, Jay. You're a good friend."

Jay smiled back. From the corner of my eye, I saw Kai staring at us, especially Jay. He didn't want me to do anything to him, so I turned away from Jay.

Suddenly, Second Cole flew us above the clouds again. From our direction, it was a lot darker than before now, probably because it was 8:00 in the evening.

Up ahead, we all gasped. All I saw was a huge, indigo tower that used to be Cyrus Borg's tower.

Below us was Ninjago City. There wasn't a human in sight still. Over a thousand ships were guarding the tower, and the same amount of jeeps were below us.

"So this is Lloyd's place?" Kai asked.

"Actually, no," Second Nya said, "Lloyd's place is much bigger than that. This is where the Sword of Balance is being kept."

"Wait, I thought you said we had the Sword," I said.

"We thought we did," Second Cole said, "But it turned out that the Sword fell out of the box. We need the Sword of Balance to ignite the Obsebion Swords to their full potential. That's why only its elemental master can even hold the Sword."

"Okay, then let's go!" Jay shouted.

"One problem, it'll take too long if we all stay together. This is where we split up. If you're in trouble, the watches you're wearing can transform into motorcycles," Second Cole fixed up his watch.

"Perhaps Kai and I should go to the tower," Zane replied.

"I'm okay with that," Kai said.

"Alright, you two, hop off," Second Cole landed in a ditch near the tower so we won't be seen.

Before Kai left, I grabbed his arm then pulled him in for a hug.

"Be careful," I said.

"I will, sis," Kai replied, leaving the ship with Zane.

We quickly head back into the sky. I kept staring out the window, thinking about my brother.

After two minutes, I saw another tower. It looked a lot bigger than Borg's tower. There were caves too. It looked like a huge high school.

"This..." Second Cole paused, "Is Lloyd's place."

Jay pressed his face against the window. Lloyd and Second Nya stared in horror.

Second Cole turned on the cloak button so no one could see us. He flew around the lair and landed in some trees.

We all followed Second Cole until we reached a gated area. The warriors were guarding the place.

"Okay, here's the plan," Second Cole replied, "Two of us need to distract the guards. Our main objective now is to rescue your dimension Cole."

"You mean we're gonna save him?" I asked.