Chapter seven: A Lesson Learned

Nya's POV

You have no idea how scared I am right now.

I mean, I'm falling to my death with Jay! I'm not saying that I hate him or anything. Sometimes, Jay will be a bit too clingy around me.

While we were falling, Jay could reach my hand then we both did airjitzu. When the rest of the group saw us, Kai had a huge grin. Everyone else cheered.

We safely landed back inside the ship. Kai quickly ran up to me and pulled me in for a hug. Jay tried to squeeze in, but Kai pushed him back to his seat.

See what I mean, clingy.

*******
"Alright," Second Cole said, "The Fire Sword is ours."

Kai placed it somewhere safe so Lloyd's minions won't get to it. After that, Second Nya made dinner. It was really good. So were Second Cole's pancakes. I mean, our dimension Cole can't even make a sandwich.

Kai and Jay were having a food fight with each other. While they were busy being boys, I decided to make a conversation.

"So..." I said slowly, "Cole, how did you make those pancakes? I mean, our Cole can't make them that good."

Second Cole swallowed, then said, "Well, actually, Nya taught me how to cook. Sure, it took a year and a half to make things by myself, but hey, look at me now."

I giggled, "Geez, you should teach me how to cook. I mean, I don't suck at it. It's just...maybe you can teach me things that I can't cook."

Second Cole smirked at me, "I dunno, you seem to be just fine. If I were you, I would teach your Cole to cook. It sounds like he needs the lessons."

Me, Second Cole, and Second Nya laughed. Lloyd and Zane giggled a bit. Kai and Jay were still throwing food at each other.

Second Cole stopped and then stared outside. I followed his gaze. He quickly got up and shut the curtains.

"It's time," Second Cole replied, "Quick, everyone to the basement where they can't scan us."

I didn't understand what was happening, but we followed him anyway. After entering the basement, Second Cole turned on a few lanterns.

"So, let me get this straight," Kai said, "Why do we have to stay down here till four in the morning?"

"You already know why," Second Cole explained, "It's because of Lloyd's minions. They have night vision. Plus, the sun is their weakness. They're kind of like vampires. Their best chance to look for us is in the dark. I know you guys aren't used to this, but this is how it works in the second dimension. Luckily they can't dig, so that's why we're safe under here."

"Wow," I said, "So you two have been going to sleep at seven in the evening and then waking up before the sun rises? Geez, even I can't do that."

Second, Nya chuckled, "Well, you'll especially get used to it if you have to for the past two years."

"Speaking of which," Kai yawned, "I think I'm already used to it. I'm gonna get some shut-eye."

"Yeah, me too," Lloyd replied, "We have a big day ahead of us tomorrow."

"No kidding," Second Cole agreed, "Tomorrow, since Zane already did his test, we'll do Nya's next. I would love to tell you now, but I'm afraid you'll hate me."

Hate him? What did he mean by that?

Second Cole stretched, "Well, see ya in the morning."

"Goodnight, everyone," Second Nya said.