Chapter 5--Quidditch On Television

"How about some more breakfast?" Molly asked. This idea was praised by everyone, especially Harry, and so Molly made some extra french toast. "Hey Harry," Ron started to say, "Yeah Ron?" Harry asked, "I think we can watch the Chudley Cannons play the Bulgarian team on the TV!" Ron replied, "The Ministry made it so there was a channel that could be accessed with a password where you can watch Quidditch!" A split-second later, Harry, James, and Ginny were all on the couch in front of the television while Ron turned on the game. "Quidditch." He whispered, and the game appeared on the screen. "There!" Ron said defiantly, while sitting down on the couch. The Cannons were winning, 50 points to none, but the Bulgarians had the quaffle, and they were closing in on the Cannons' keeper. "Is that Oliver Wood?" Harry asked with a weak voice. Anyone could see that it hurt James to see his son like this, even Harry could see that, so he leaned on his dad's shoulder. This seemed to put James in a better mood. "Yeah," Ron replied, "I'm pretty sure this is his first season on the Cannons." Everyone was quiet for awhile, and when Molly said that they could eat while watching the game, it got even quieter as they sat, eating their french toast and paying close attention to the television. It had, according to the announcers, gone into its sixth hour, which, according to James, might be an all time record for any professional quidditch match.

"How have the players not dropped off their brooms in exhaustion?!" James exclaimed. After eight hours, the game was still going on, the Cannons were winning 160 to none, and it seemed like the snitch had dropped off the face of the earth.

A now sleeping Harry was positioned so that his knees were bent, and his feet were hanging off the arm of the couch. The entirety of his upper body was curled up against his dad so that Harry's right side was facing the TV and his head was rested on top of James' right shoulder. James had his arms wrapped around his son as if at any given moment, Harry could be taken away from him.

"Guys, look!" Ginny exclaimed happily, "I think the Cannons' seeker is going to get the snitch!" Three minutes later, she was proven right. The Cannons had slaughtered the Bulgarian team with a final score of 310 to none. It was now time for lunch.

"What would you guys like to eat?" Molly asked five minutes later. "How about some chicken?" Everyone seemed to like this idea. "Sure Molly," James replied, "that would be great, thanks." "Alrighty then," Molly said, "lunch will be ready in about 45 minutes."

"What should we do now?" asked Ron. "I mean, the game is over, and, we still have about 45 minutes until lunch." "I think that Harry should keep sleeping," James said with a sigh, "he needs all the rest he can get." As the others stood up to help, James moved his arms so he could carry his son, stood up, and moved Harry upstairs to his room.

"Ron," Ginny started to ask, "do you think Harry will actually be okay?" "Yeah," Ron replied, "he'll be okay, I think."