Chapter 14--Marauders Reinstated

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while... But the app has been saying that no one has read the last few chapters. I really hope that's a glitch. Anyways, here's the chapter I promised!

That morning, while Harry was drinking some coffee, James decided to scare the living daylights out of him. He didn't mean to, of course, but that's what happened. As Harry was just turning around, his father walked up to him and asked in an inquisitive tone, "What do you know about the Marauders?!" Harry jumped and nearly spilled his hot drink, "Ack!" Was his first startled reply. Then came, "What do you want me to know?!" James looked surprised at his son's question, he must know something, James thought to himself. One thing, however, bothered the 40 year old most, "Are you drinking coffee?" He asked his son. "Last I checked," Harry began, and then stopped. You are talking to your father, stupid, he thought to himself. "Yes, I am drinking coffee," Harry began again, "Is that a problem?" James sighed, "No, I just-" Tears started to fill his eyes, "sometimes I forget how long it's been, and how I can't just hold you like a baby anymore." The two both managed to produce sad smiles, followed by a moment of silence between them. Harry knew just how to cheer his father up, so he broke the silence, "Hey Prongs," James's head perked up followed closely by an expression of utter disbelief. Harry paused, pleased with the effect of his words, then continued: "could you get Moony and Padfoot and tell them to meet me in the dining room? I have a paper for you three." Harry smirked, obviously pleased with his request. It took awhile for James to respond because his mouth was stuck in the form of a wide grin, but eventually he pulled Harry into a tight embrace. "I love you." James whispered, and scampered off to find his friends.

Less than five minutes later, the four men had already gathered in the dining room of Grimuald Place. The three remaining Marauders looked at Harry expectantly, but he just smirked and said, "I know more than you think." After a few looks of confusion were exchanged, Harry laughed and pulled the map and cloak from behind his back. "I thought you might want these back." The young man said. Padfoot squealed like a teenage girl, "Where did you get these?!" He exclaimed. "Dumbledore gave me the cloak and..." Harry's voice trailed off as he tried to think of a coverup story so as not to reveal the twins' knowledge of the Marauders. He finally settled on, "I found it in Filch's office in my third year." "How did you know the password?" The Marauders said in unison. "I- um-" That would be hard to explain, Harry thought to himself, "It was an accident actually." He laughed at the story he was about to tell, "I was promising something to Lee Jordan and my wand happened to touch the map when I said it. I didn't realize what had happened until he left. The closing password, however, I figured out by guessing a bunch of mischief related phrases." Harry laughed again just for show. The Marauders seemed to be content with this story and James rushed around the table and hugged his son, with the others following close behind. "Thank you." Remus said, "It's nice to have this stuff back."

Hope you liked that chapter! I thought I'd give you something happy after the last four made me tear up, get angry, cry, and tear up again. I should probably see a therapist to get some happiness into my system. Or maybe not, did you guys like those chapters? Leave a comment to answer/review the story. Thanks for reading!

XOXO,
The_fandom_bookworm