"What's For Breakfast?"

AIDEN'S POV

I woke up to her head on my left shoulder and her left arm draped limply over my right shoulder. She looked so peaceful... until five minutes ago.

*FIVE MINUTES AGO*

"ONE, TWENTY-ONE GUNS! LAY DOWN YOUR ARMS, GIVE UP THE FIGHT! ONE, TWENTY-ONE GUNS! THROW UP YOUR ARMS INTO THE SKY, YOU AND I. DID YOU TRY TO LIVE ON YOUR OWN WHEN YOU'D BURNED DOWN THE HOUSE AND HOME? DID YOU STAND TOO CLOSE TO THE FIRE, LIKE A LIAR LOOKING FOR FORGIVENESS FROM A STONE?" I belted at the top of my lungs to her school alarm.

She groaned and then I let her have it. I pulled her off the bed and placed her cold, shaking hands on my warm, bare chest, knowing it made her nervous. Then I leaned in and quietly sang acapella in her ear, my voice just above a whisper. I was so close that she shivered when I exhaled.

"When it's time to live and let die, and you can't get another try, something inside this heart has died. You're in ruins," I sang slowly. My voice made her nervous. I knew it did . I just never knew why.

Brin closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She kept her eyes closed as she tried to insult me.

"I hate you, Aiden James Glaskov. I hate you with a fiery, burning passion," she seethed with a tight smile.

PRESENT TIME 

She looked perfect. Basketball shorts and one of my hoodies. She must have gotten into my closet. Like I cared.

"What's for breakfast?" she groaned as her stomach rumbled. I smiled, knowing I was making her favorite.

"My special omelets," I grinned, contemplating making a move. I had been trying to find the right time to tell her that I was in love with her but I could never find the right time.

She smiled brightly as she ran to the refrigerator and pulled out the ham, turkey, eggs, bacon and cheese. She sat everything next to the stove.

"I don't want any ham," she smiled as she retrieved a pan before sitting down at the bar.

"Thanks, b-" I started, then stopped. Whoa. I almost called her babe. What? I never slip up like that- ever.

"What were you about to call me?" she asked cautiously. I blushed wildly and concentrated on making Brin's omelet. Jeez, I'm an idiot.

"Nothing. I accidentally started to call you Brooke, my sister's friend," I lied easily. Nice save, idiot, next time don't give yourself a reason to need one, I thought to myself.

I looked back at her and she was on her phone, thank God. I decided she hadn't noticed. So, I went back to cooking.

I was just getting ready to hand Brin her plate when she screamed. The only thing I heard for two minutes was the shrill sound of an erupting volcano of a fangirl.

I asked what was wrong as I rushed to her. Her face was pale and she was focused on her phone. She looked up and I noticed tears in her eyes.

"Blood on the Dance Floor is coming to Bloomington for the ScareFest. That's being held here. AT. MY. HOUSE! Blood on the Dance Floor will be at my house in two weeks! Holy chiz. This house is a mess. I have to clean. Ohmigod. Who... h- how did they know? Who told them?" she asked in awe.

I shrugged, knowing she would murder me if she knew I was the one that booked them. She stood up and began to leave. I pushed her gently back down.

"Uhm," she stated as she looked at my hands, still on her shoulders, holding her down.

"Eat," I instructed. She grumbled something about Blood on the Dance Floor coming before her own trivial and human necessities such as food. I chuckled as I ate my omelet.