"Sickening"

JAYY'S POV

"Oookaay, soo... I dunno what the fuck Imma wear or what Imma be doin up in this bitch, sooo someone... instruct me," Brin sighed. Immediately, Dahvie ran over to her like a lost puppy to a willing master. It made me sick. In all the time I had known Dahvie, he had never, ever, acted like a lost puppy and now he was a full-blown Yorkie. Like I said; sickening.

They have to be together, I mean, for God's sake, they were sleeping together in the hotel room. Ew, I thought as my stomach churned and bile climbed up my throat and threatened to project itself at the two of them. Instead, I turned my head and looked away. They had been sleeping together, not sexually, but still... that was just wrong. They JUST met.

I asked them about it at lunch- well, I tried to. As soon as I got the first three syllables out, Dad cut me off and changed the subject completely to the ScareFest.

After we got back to the set, Brin came to me privately. She pleaded for me to came talk to her inside and away from everyone else, that it was of dire importance. I reluctantly agreed and followed her. Even if she was involved with my only best friend and was turning him into a love-sick puppy, I still wanted her to trust me. That was the whole point of having lunch, watching scary movies together and hanging out- get her to like us and be comfortable around us so she could perform at her highest quality for the concert.

"Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy," she whined, just like the dog she was converting my brother to. How convenient.

"Whaaaaat?" I said, mimicking her already fake tone. She started this pity speech and I almost hit her. I was growing to hate her and I really didn't care if she- or anyone else, for that matter- knew it.

"I am, like, the worst fan right now-" obviously, "-because I cannot for the life of me remember my lines for 'Poison Aplle.' God, I hate myself so much right now. I should have had this memorized the second I heard it." I hate you too, and you should hate you because you're a brat "-Do you think you could help me? Like, maybe give me some tips on how you remember lyrics when you have a concert?" she rambled. I found it funny how she could so unknowingly describe how I felt towards her. I shrugged in anyway, knowing it would disappoint Dahvie if I was rude to her.

She ushered me in and motioned for me to sit. I took a seat opposite her and began to help her, but she cut me off with a wave of a hand. I looked at her with a disgusted confusion and she looked at me, obviously trying to communicate that a serious talk was about to go down.

"Okay, I lied. I remember it perfectly but I needed a legit reason to talk to you alone," she said seriously. Immediately, my mind fell into a deep, dark gutter. Was she going to kiss me? What if she tried something? Oh God. I knew she might try something eventually, but I didn't expect it so soon. Not that I'm complaining. She is pretty cute.

"The reason I wanted to see you privately was because I wanted to explain what you saw at the hotel, because I know what it looked like and trust me, it wasn't. What it was was comfort. Daddy was calming me down. I was having an episode; Aiden has been... going through a hard time right now and I have been so afraid he going to hurt himself because of how depressed he's been lately. And, well, I have these recurring nightmares about him committing suicide and I'm just scared out of my mind. I don't sleep, I hardly eat, I don't function properly, I'm just not me and I was trying to keep it bottled up, hoping it would all go away and Dahvie broke my walls down. He saw me crying and he just... held me. He didn't ask me what was wrong the entire time or say anything, really. He just let me cry and I needed that, really badly. I explained to him afterwards what had me so upset and I thanked him for letting me escape for a while. I guess I cried myself to sleep and he must've fell asleep after me. Nothing like that happened, though. I am in love, just not with you or Dad.

"Anyway, he told me that you both felt like you could trust me and wanted me to reciprocate the feeling and so I decided to tell you and let you know what's going on and that I do trust you both- with my life. You guys have already saved me more than you know and I love you both dearly for that. I don't want to do anything to strain or ruin the friendship between us," she said as tears threatened severely to run a marathon down her cheek. I felt horrible for thinking what I had earlier and about the two of them. I hugged her and apologized for acting rude. As I hugged her, I assumed she would cry, but when our embrace ended, she wiped her cheeks and eyes and smiled the brightest smile I had ever seen her wear. I knew then that she was by far the strongest person I knew, and that she was going to be just fine.

After we re-entered the cool October air, she ran to Daddy Vanity and Aiden and hugged them both. She kept an arm around Dad and a hand in Aiden's hand. Looking at the three of them, I realised what I hadn't seen before; She looked at Dad the way a little sister looks at the older brother that protects her, and Dad, I noticed, returned the affectionate look. Then, Aiden turned and grabbed Brin's hand. He pulled her to the car.

"C'mon, Beautiful! I'm starving and you're driving. They'll be fine here so you have no excuses," he smiled with white teeth. Brin faltered momentarily, then asked us if we wanted anything. We said we would text her and then they left.