#prayforpeace

Pain.
Something that we all know.
Shipwrecks in our stomachs,
tossing and turning waves filled with words.
Escaping our minds to flow through our veins.

Tonight, a child goes to bed and wonders where their parents are.
Tonight, their cries will be heard by the millions.
Tonight, we stand as one.
Tonight, we are there for everyone.

Photographs will stay photographs and the same people will still live on their high horse with their own body covered in blood of their victims.
With bloody grins and soul-less eyes to complete the package.

Tonight, a parents cries at their child's fate.
Never enjoying life.
Never knowing what life was ment to be about.
Never finding "the one."
Never venturing off into the real world.

Since of what has happened,
that Muslim you pass on the street will be seen as "sketchy" or a "terrorist" because others who pratice the same religion decided to do that.
No one will give them a second glance out of fear.

I once saw a video of a muslim woman minding her own business in the streets of New York wearing a hijab and then she was attacked.
People threw stuff at her, called her names, but what did the woman do you may ask? Nothing.
This poor woman, attacked for showing the pride of her religion did nothing to stop them. She just accepted it and waited for the "people" to leave so she could continue on with her day.

No one should have to deal with that.
No one should be afraid to speak their beliefs.
No one should belittle someone for something they had no control over.
No one should have cry in the shower at midnight because someone though it would be funny to leave a mental,physical or emotional scar on someone.

What happened in Paris, Kenya, Berut, Iraq, Syria, Baghdad and anywhere else in the world should be a wake up call to us all. We may not be able to change everyone in the world but just with a single compliment, smile, or wave you can change someone's entire view on a topic.

Hate has caused a lot of problems in the world, but the world has not solved one of them yet. -Maya Angelou

Be stronger then you were before.
Belive in yourself and others.
Do not stay quiet for believing in someone's rights.

Don't be afraid to stand up in fear of standing alone.
Once you stand, others will rise also.

Be the voice that changes everyone's perspective.

Be the one who people look up to say "They helped to change the world."

To all those lost in these attacks or natural disasters, I'm sorry your death was forgotten by many. I'm sorry that you possibly didn't spend your final moments with family, but in fear or pain. Where ever you are, I hope you are being treated well and being loved unconditionally.

-Brenna

(Yes, this should've been updated sooner but my WiFi decided to be fun and not publish anything.)