Just Another Day in the Orphanage

Autumn-Rose's POV:

                                               December 19th, 2014

Dear Diary,

        Today marks my 13th year of being at Mariette's Home for Orphans . It's also my 13th birthday today. Yippe. Adoption Day is tomorrow like it is every Friday but I never go downstairs anyways. For two reasons. 1: my bully, Madison threatens me if I go down and 2: no one will ever want me. I've never told anyone about Madison nor do I plan to ever and there's only one person who knows about my secret. Her name is Mariette Gordan and yes, she is the owner of the orphanage. My secret isn't just any secret. It's actually a gift/power. The power of ice. That's right. Ice. No I'm not like Elsa from that movie Frozen who freezes an entire kingdom, but I do basically eveything that she can do with ice. Once I tried to make Olaf, but then Mariette came into my room and told me that I can't use my power when anyone was awake besides her. It can be kind of annoying when sometimes you just want to freeze someone special (Madison) to make them shut-up but nope I've got to stay calm. Also, I don't now how to unfreeze someone.

Until next time,

-Autumn-Rose

        I put away my diary underneath my mattress and walked downstairs but not before I slipped on my gloves. No, they're not fancy like Elsa's they're just black finger gloves with black spikesgoing across the bottom knuckles with flexible fingers and velcro around the waist to secure them. As soon as I walked down the stairs, there stood Madison.

"Hey freak. Why are you even here no-one even likes you." She said to me the pushed me down.

"W-w-what do you want from me Madison?" I asked only to be returned with a slap across my face.

"It's Queen Madison to you pesant. What do I want? I WANT YOU GONE. NOT OUT OF THE ORPHANAGE. DEAD. ERASED." She screamed at me.

"Why do you want me dead?" I replied.

"Because you're a waste of space that needs to be erased." She said then gave me a black eye.

" Geez where is Mariette. Probably talking to someone on the phone. As usual." I thought to myself.

        Just then Madison kicked me in my ribs until she heard a crack and then she just left leaving me alone. What did I ever do to her to deserve this? Lucky for me, since of my ice power, my wounds instantly heal so in a few seconds, my rib will be as good as new. I held my ribs as I walked up the stairs and towards my room to look like my rib is still broken. As soon I got into my room, I ran towards my bed and stayed under the covers for the rest of the night. Some birthday right?

A/N: First chapter of NGD is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!