Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Later that day I noticed there was a "for sale/lease" flyer on Storms stall door, his full description and everything.

Name: Wind Storm
Breed: Arab/Thoroughbred x
Height: 16hh
Colour: Palomino
Age: 7 years old
Details: Storm is a beautiful Arabian mix looking for a new home after being with me for 3 years. He is well trained, self loads, good with worming and the farrier. He has a sensitive mouth so he will be needing an experienced rider.
Storm has a lovely nature and has jumped up to 1.15 meters. He's very experienced in showing, more specifically, dressage.
Storm is only available to the best of homes. POA

It made me sick, I can't believe her. I knew deep down that Storm would be sold within no time. No one would be foolish enough to pass up an opportunity to own such a horse. With a show coming up, there'll be a lot of interest.

Well isn't that just great I thought sarcastically.

I know Jaz means well for Storm but I knew she was going to avoid me. That's one of the things that infuriated me the most. That, and the fact she's offering him to my nemesis.

I would buy him in a heart beat but my parents won't agree. Apparently their to big of a responsibility. What a load of crap, I practically trained him myself. Sighing, I make my way to the main entrance of the barn, meeting my best friend Emily. She's been my best friend for years and is also a rider.

Even though it was a school night I still needed to go pick up a package for my mum at the post office. That was before meeting Emilys mum at her work which was next to the post office. Since she's an accountant she usually works late to get everything done. Luckily it was only a short ride there and we would be driven the rest of the way home.

Let me give you a quick run down on my parents, my mum is a photographer and my dad is a zoologist, he's always bringing home animals.

Being the only child, it sometimes was so quiet at home, I would feel lonely. It's one of the reason why I started riding, because I loved horses and staying busy.

Eventually my parents got me a puppy to keep me company, but it still was a little lonely. Lucy was fun to have around, but she usually sleeps on the couch.

Lazy dog...

It was Storm who made me truly happy. I wasn't blind, my parents weren't exactly around often. All I hoped for was that they could be persuaded to buy Storm. He was my true best friend.

"So how was your lesson" I ask Emily as we headed towards the post office.

"It was okay, I rode a different horse again..." Emily replies trailing off.

"Don't worry, they'll find a horse that suits you soon" I reassure her as we turn down a new road.

"Yeah but I've almost been through all the horses, I want one that I have a connection with, like you and Storm" she says sighing.

"Yeah" I wince, remembering the fact I won't have him for much longer.

"I'm so sorry Taylor, if you don't want to talk about it then I understand" Emily says, pity noticeable in her voice.

"Well I can only hope that Jaz changes her mind, I wish we could go to EFA together, I can't believe we'll be so far away for one another" I sigh sadly.

"Yeah" she says quietly.

It felt like Emily has been hiding something from me lately, I can't quite put my finger on it though. I decide to drop it and continue cycling towards the little town on the outskirts of the city, Forestlake. After a 5-10 minute bike ride we arrive and pull up at the town. I quickly run into the post office and grab this special package mum wanted. Afterwards, Emily and I wait outside for her mum to close up the office.

"Hi girls!" Emily's mum greets is enthusiastically, I smile, she's always been such a cheerful person.

"-how was riding today?" she asked as we got in the car, I let Emily do the talking, I wasn't in the mood to explain.

When we got to my place I said my goodbyes and thanked Emily's mum for the ride. After getting my bike I head into my empty house and lock the door behind me. To say my house was big is an understatement, it was enormous. But it isn't one of those poshly decorated houses where you can't touch anything, it has a more cosy feel too it and that's what I loved.

I admit my parents are wealthy but trust me, they don't go out of their way to flaunt. They don't give me everything I want, always making me to earn it. It was frustrating at times, especially since they won't buy me a horse.

I'm greeted by Lucy who was jumping all over me in excitement, who wouldn't love a little Jack Russel puppy? Well other then the times when they rip apart everything in your house and your the one cleaning it up. I give her a pat before I wheel my bike into our storage room where I saw the animal room door open with a cage set up it there, I then walk to the back door and lock shut the doggy door which we always have open during the day so Lucy can go out into the back yard. I was a little curious about the cage, dad didn't tell me he might be bringing an animal home, maybe it could be a orphan?

I live 10 minutes away from the city in Forestlake. My house consists of 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, walk in closets for all the bedrooms. It also featured a wrap around veranda, some other empty rooms and a library I loved. Emily lives a couple houses down too, that's how we met.

My front yard is like an flowery oasis, with a gazebo. All types of plants we evenly spaced out.

Out the back there is plenty of acrerage. It was a flood free zone as well. We have it separated into many different sized fields. It yet again frustrates me that I still can't get a horse.

The only horse I wanted was Storm, and now that he's finally up for sale I have to watch everything go pairshaped. My parents always say that they'll think about it when it came to horses. But I knew deep down, they wouldn't make an offer. It was infuriating and I felt useless.

I sigh, flopping on my bed, I knew I had to get up soon and do the rest of my assignment if I wanted to rest all tomorrow. Slowly I drag myself over to my desk where my laptop was. I was actually really excited for this assignment in science as I got to pick an animal and discuss how its body and brain functions. I obviously chose to do the horse, and even better we had to get a picture of that animal. That's when having your mum as a photographer comes in handy. Slowly I drag myself out of bed and start typing again.

After an hour an a half I had finished it off, all I needed to do is to send it to my teacher. Since it was a draft I should have some feed back by tomorrow. I click send and then turn my mac off. Going down stairs with Lucy, I quickly feed her before letting her out into the backyard. It was 8pm by now so I decided to start cooking myself some food. While they were cooling, I hear the door open followed by the sound of my dads voice.

"Taylor can you get the smallest bottle of milk you can find please" he yells from the stairs before walking up them.

"Yeah okay" I reply before turning around and heading for the mini fridge next to our big one. Call us weird but mum doesn't exactly want animal food being mixed up with ours. I find the smallest bottle there before shaking up the formula and going upstairs.