Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"Mum"

*poke*

"Mum"

*poke*

"Mum"

*poke*

"Mum"

*poke*

"Mum"

*poke*

"Mu-"

"What?!" my mum snaps glaring at me.

"When can I go to Bluestone?" I whine.

"Never if you keep hassling me, now will you stop poking me, I'm trying to make lunch for everyone before the girls get here" mum snaps.

"Well sorry but I haven't seen Storm for like 5 days" I respond pouting.

"Well if the girls feel like it we can go visit all the horses this arvo okay?" mum says sighing.

"Yes!" I cheer before hopping away with my crutches, it's kind of hard using crutches when one of your arms are fractured.

It turned out Storm was okay after the accident but Jaz was mad, something about it not helping with the sale. And I know this is totally off topic but it's been quite warm lately, I've been hoping to get snow for Christmas because doesn't everyone? Like where is it? It's winter here in America!

Luckily for Scarlett and Mia, everyone agreed to let them stay with us for the holidays so all day on Tuesday, which was yesterday, their parents had been arranging to get their horses trailered over to Forestlake. While they were doing that I was able to get Hailey to reserve two other spots for Star, Mia's mare and Major, Scarlett's other horse who I have yet to meet since he's still in Florida. Although I couldn't ride for about 6 weeks I was still determined to go trail riding on Christmas, so I'll need to talk to the girls about that. And of course I'm not waiting out the whole 6 weeks, I'll probably start riding full time again at 4 weeks, every equestrian does that anyways.

"Taylor can you check all the guest bedrooms please?" my mum calls from the kitchen as I reach the second level.

"Yeah okay" I call back before going into the 1st guest bedroom. It had a walk in closet, air conditioner, flat screen tv mounted on the wall, high ceilings with fans, hardwood floors, dresser and a queen sized bed. The modern design and furniture had an open but also cosy feel to it, my mum should just be an interior designer, she's talented at so many things. Everything looked new, well it probably was but still, the French doors to the wrap around veranda was locked and the curtains were open letting light stream in.

I go into the next guest bedroom and everything it exactly the same. I wonder what my dorm room will look like, I hope my roommate has my taste in styling.

Once I'm done checking everything I go to my bedroom. My room had the same layout as the guest bedrooms with the addition of a desk, the room was also bigger. On the desk I had a picture of Storm and I after our win at the national 1.5m show jumping competition, that was probably one of our best achievements ever.

I also have a big framed photo on the wall my mum had taken when her and I went down to Australia to photograph the brumbies. It was super fun, we went in a helicopter and got up close to them. When we came back I had a hard time choosing between which ones I liked so I also decided from then on to make photo albums of all our trips together, to bad my dad was busy. Although, he did come when we went to New Zealand to photograph to Kaimaniwa's, it was awesome. The photo albums are kept down in the living room somewhere, mum usually shows them to all her friends.

I go over to the French doors that leads me out to the wrap around veranda. After locking them I decide to go have a shower, I hate having shower with this cast, it's so difficult.

Just letting all those people out there that are planning on fracturing or breaking their ankle know. Don't do it.