Chapter 13

Chapter 13

It's around 5pm now and Scarlett is driving me home, well her mum but Scarlett is with me... I found out she is staying in the city with her parents until she leaves for London and has Breeze transported to her mums livery yard somewhere in Europe. Meanwhile Mia has gone back to where she is staying near the EA Show Grounds waiting for Friday to come.

Finally we pull into my driveway and the car stops, I had let my mum know that I was getting dropped off. Just as I get out of the car mum walks out, but what happens next weirds me out.

"Katrina??" Scarlett's mum asks jumping out of the car.

"Sierra? Oh my, I didn't know you were in town" My mum says astonished.

"I thought you were in Paris, how are you?" Sienna asks kindly.

"Oh I am great, there were a change of plans though, would you like to come in for some tea?" Mum responds motioning to the door.

"Yes, yes, of course, Scarlett darling come out and meet Katrina, a great friend of mine from high school" Sierra gushes waving at Scarlett excidedly. Scarlett makes her way out of the car slowly putting a smile on her face before greeting my mum. This is actually so cliche it freaks me right out. I knew how Scarlett felt though, she was tied and just wanted to go home.

...

It felt like forever until they left, mum and Sierra just kept talking to Scarlett and I about how the both went to EFA together. Which mum never told me!! She explained that she didn't want me to feel as though I had to continue the family legacy, as she to was a rider and ended up on the elite team in year 10. Even my grandparents went there, talk about lying through their teeth!

In the end she wanted to do photography instead of being on the circuit all the time. She kept her horse that she got at the end of year 9, Romeo and competed when ever she could until she retired him and let him go to stud since he was a stallion. Sadly he passed away from colic when he was 18 and mum was 25. After that she only rode if she needed to excise Storm for me because I was sick.

Sierra still has some of Romeo's offspring in Europe, which are 16 years or older. They all have been highly successful in their competing days and are now at stud too. But even though it was sad what happened to Romeo, mum was very happy to tell us all about EFA, most things Scarlett didn't know much about.

She told us about the elite team, the best eventing team at EFA. Sierra too was apart of it and at the time only 3 people got into it during grade 10, mum and Sierra being two of them, the other one was kicked out a term later.

This led onto Mia's mum, Jessica being let into the elite team after being trialled since she had transferred to EFA a month after that rider was kicked out, surprising me even further. The three girls all stayed on the elite team for the whole time and were the only ones to be on it for the whole 3 years. No wonder why mum never told me, now the pressure's on.

All together there are three elite teams, one for each year level from grade 10 through to 12. So luckily for me I have a year to get use to EFA and prepare for the elite team trials. But that means I need to be on the advanced team before next year. If I'm not on the advanced team then I'm not aloud to trial for the elite team...

There's no way I'm loosing, I will be apart of that elite team no matter what.

...
Hey guys, sorry for the slow updates, this is kind of a backstory so you get where I'm coming from with Taylor's family. This also it gives you more of an idea on what it's like at EFA with team placements and the pressure Taylor will feel. Even though it's a short chapter I hope you liked it and understand more about what's going on.

Thank you