Chapter 8

Chapter 8

An overcast Monday morning woke me, my phone told me it was 7.14am so I decide to get up and get ready for school. This was the last week of school for the year and all I'm doing is revision for next years exams. I was considering having the rest of the week off. Eventually I leave for school with my mum dropping me off. Today wasn't going to be fun at all, it was the last week I'll ever be at school with my friends....

...

It was now 3.30 pm and school had ended half an hour ago, Emily had dropped me home since she lived down the street and it was again raining. The rain died down early this morning but started storming again around midday. Luckily for me my parents are letting my sleep over at Ems place. Once I finished packing my overnight bag, I put on my rain coat. I step out into the rain, umbrella in hand. About 4 houses down on the opposite side of the street, I reach Emily's house. Once I reach her porch, I quickly knock on the door.

I take my coat off and put it on the hanger by the door, while waiting.

"Hello Taylor, how are you?!?" Emily's mum says as she opens the door, letting me come in.

"I'm good Katherine! How about you, how's work?" I ask.

"Great, work is tiring but still have some fun things going on, Emily is up in her room" Mrs Reed says as she walks off to the kitchen.

"Thank you" I call, walking up the stairs to Ems room. I knock right as she opens the door.

"Do you have something to wear to Bluestone?" she asks straight away.

"Hello to you too, and I have only normal clothes. I didn't think we were going there" I shrug.

She nods and walks to her closet where she starts pulling out different types of clothes. She throws black breeches, and a navy polo at me before examining what else to grab.

I glance at her closet enviously. Emily is a bit of a fashion person, she basically has every designer brand in her closet. That included top of the range horse clothing. So if you're ever short of riding clothes, or clothes in general, just go to her house and you'll be set. She then grabs out a pair of fun colours socks, a diamante belt and tall boots that I haven't see before.

"These look brand new, you should be wearing them, not me" I tell her shaking my head.

"Get changed or else" she threatens, pointing a finger at me jokingly before shoving me in the direction of her bathroom.

I laugh and oblige, quickly getting changed before heading back out.

"You know you could've told me that we were going to Bluestone before" I said as I walk out.

I was pretty lucky, Emily and I both fitted each others things perfectly.

"It was last minute" she shrugs "Plus, my clothes are awesome, why would you want them?"

I roll my eyes.

"You don't look terrible I guess" I grin admiring how good she looks in her tucked in forest green polo, white breeches, her favourite tall boots. She is always been good with fashion.

"Duh?" she jokee as she finishes tying her black hair into a braid. She then grabs 2 helmets and throws one at me.

"Let's go then" she says enthusiastically. As we gossip on the balcony, we quickly put our rain coats on and wait for Mrs Reed to grab her keys. It was 4pm by the time we left and the rain had started to die down.

Once we arrive, I rush off to the stables with Emily. All we heard on the radio was about the flooding in surrounding areas. Since Forestlake was in higher grounds, we missed the worst of it. Just as we get to the barn, the rain picks up again. The sound of heavy rainfall and whistling wind was almost relaxing.