Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Ladies, come on in" I hear my mum say from the front door.

I jump with surprise and end up rolling off the other side of the couch and onto the floor with a thud.

"Ow" I mutter slowly pulling myself up and onto my feet, luckily that was my right arm and not the left, no need to make the fracture turn into a brake. Although my right ankle is the fractured one, I have a cast around it so no harm done. Yes, I know I'm clumsy.

I grab my crutches and hop to the front door to greet the girls. The first person to come in is Julia, Mia's mum followed by Sierra, then Scarlett and Allison.

"Hey girls" I greet sending them a smile as I reach the group. Both the girls had suit cases in hand, and you all have probably been wondering about what's up with Mia. After the horse show on Friday she convinced her mum to let her stay at the hotel with Scarlett and her mum for a few days. It definitely helps when your parents have been good friends since high school.

"Could you show the girls their rooms Taylor?" my mum asks me.

"Sure thing, follow me" I said turning to face Mia and Scarlett before hopping off with my crutches.

"There's a bathroom downstairs and upstairs, I'll point them out later, also all the bedrooms except one are upstairs" I said as I hop up the stairs.

I arrive at the 1st guest room door and open it.

"This is the first bedroom, the second and the next door on the right" I said and then walk out and open the next one.

"They're really nice rooms, who designed them?" Mia compliments, Scarlett nodding in agreement.

"My mum, anyways you guys can decide between yourselves my room is just over there" I said pointing.

Scarlett decides she likes the first one more because of the views and Mia picks the next one as it has more closet space and my room is next to it.

"By the way if you feel hungry my mum has food down in the living room" I yell as I walk into my room.

Since I had nothing really to do I opened up my emails and scanned through them, one in particular caught my eye. It was from EFA.

From: Elliot Falls Academy
To: Taylor Hastings

Attachment 1
Attachment 2

I decide to open up the first attachment and check it out.

Elliot Falls Academy
Thursday-Sunday Timetable
Students

Thursday:
9am-8pm~ Arrivals
6:45pm-8:50pm~ Dinner
10pm~ Curfew

Friday:
7:30am-8:15am~ Breakfast
9am-2pm~ Arrivals
11:40am-1:30pm~ Lunch
2pm-7pm~ Subject Selection
6:45pm-8:50pm~ Dinner
10pm~ Curfew

Saturday:
6:30am~ Horse Inspections
7:30am-8:15am~ Breakfast
8:30am~ Track and Field Tryouts
10:15am~ House Meetings
11:40am-1:30pm~ Lunch
2:05pm~ Sports Tryouts (excludes equestrian)
3:30pm~ Dorm Room inspections
4:30pm~ Equestrian Equipment inspections
6:45pm-8:50pm~ Dinner
10pm~ Curfew

Sunday:
7:30am-8:15am~ Breakfast
8:30am~ Timetables Emailed Out
10am-4pm~ Equestrian tryouts (new members only)
11:40am-1:30pm~ Lunch
4pm-7pm~ Club Signups
6:45pm-8:50pm~ Dinner
10pm~ Curfew

I look over it a few times, it was good that I had a few days before I got trailed. I knew that I couldn't immediately get into the advanced team, the trials for that is in week 7 of the first term. Apparently there's no advanced teams until year 9 so I got into EFA just in time.

Although Scarlett and Mia have the upper hand from already attending EFA for a couple years, I was eager to prove I can ride just as good as them. And hopefully that also gets me on the advanced team.

I click out of that attachment and click on the next one.

Elliot Falls Academy
Equestrian Team Tryouts
Scholarship recipient: T.Hastings

11:05am~ Assigned time for (students name) examination

In addition to this, being an equestrian scholarship recipient means you are going to be placed on the highest team in your grade (intermediate A). During you're tryouts you will be examined closely and tested in flat work and jumping. This will help give your coach an idea on your strengths, weaknesses, and the disciplines you favour. Current members on your team are; Seth Andrews, Scarlett Evans, Mia Clarke, and Ebony Thompson.

I read over it again to make sure I was reading it correctly. I can't believe I automatically am on the intermediate team. Now I don't need to stress as much able tryouts, it's just more of an examination. There's a light knock at my slightly opened door.

"Lunch time, how about you come down stairs" my mum asks giving me a wide smile. She's been weirdly happy in the past few days, not even kidding.

"Okay, I'm coming" I respond before getting up. The sooner lunch is over, the sooner I get to see Storm!