Chapter 24

Chapter 24

The next few days flew by with our routines and I've tried ignoring what had happened between my parents. Well my mum and my step dad if we're being honest here. So I did the only thing I could think of, tell the girls and ask if they knew anything about the situation. To say they were shocked was the least, from what Mia told me, Seth didn't even know he had a mother. Always thought she died in a car accident or something.

"You know this reminds me of that show, about those to twins... They went to the same summer camp and-" Mia says with her feet up and rested on the table.

"The parent trap?" Scarlett asks raising her eye brows.

"Yeah that one" Mia says enthusiastically.

"Imagine how excited Seth will be when we tell him-" Mia begins.

"Uh no, I don't want my mum knowing I know, I thought I was in a normal family until like a few days ago" I cut her off.

"She won't find out but you'll be as bad as your actual parents if you don't tell Seth, he deserves to know as well" Scarlett says crossing her arms.

"I don't even know this person, I can't go up to him and be like 'hey I'm your sister, and by the way, your mum isn't dead', like that would be terrible, what if he's a murderer? Do you want me to die?" I explain exasperated.

"I'm going to ignore what I just heard and say this, you don't have much of a choice" Scarlett narrows her eyes at me daring me to speak out which is what I do.

"I don't care, I don't want to speak to anyone about this" I respond. The girls stay silent and stare.

"I don't have an actual choice on this do I?" I ask sighing.

"Nope" Mia responds stretching her arms before pulling her phone out.

"I'm messaging him now to call us" Mia says monotone.

"Wait what?!?" I start.

"I literally found out like a few days ago, and only because I was eavesdropping" I defend trying to snatch the phone out of her hand but failing miserably.

"Exactly and you'll need the whole holidays to process it won't you, so imagine how long it will take him. Plus you can't tell him at school because it'll affect his riding and grades for sure" Scarlett says rolling her eyes.

"He thought his mum was dead for crying out loud, you don't even need to talk to him, we'll tell him" Mia reassures.

"Okay" I sigh in defeat just as her phone starts ringing.

"Hey Seth" both the girls call through the phone which is on speaker.

"Hey guys, what's up" I hear a voice on the other side respond, then it really hit me. I have a brother.

30 minutes later

They finally told him and it was official, I was freaking out. Mum and 'dad' were at work today so they aren't due home until later.

"So I have a sister..? Is this a prank guys because that's really terrible if it is" He asks after a long pause.

"We're being serious, she's here right now sitting next to us" Mia blurts out, Scarlett gives her a silent glare.

"But dad said-" he starts.

"Your dad lied to you, her mum and your dad were engaged, they had twins which were you two and for some reason they split up. He took you and she took her" Scarlett cuts in rolling her eyes.

"What is this, the parents trap?" he says sarcastically.

"That's what I said-" Mia begins.

"Now is not the time, I was thinking, to make sure it's true we can ring up the hospital you two were born at and see if they can check the database" Scarlett cuts it yet again.

"I don't know if they would would give out information like that..." I respond.

"My mum has a friend that might be able to help, let me call her" Scarlett says dialling something in her phone.

"So you're being serious" Seth deadpan on the other end of the line.

"Here" Mia says thrusting her phone in my face.

"Talk to him while Scarlett and I are on this call" she adds before they both walk out of the room ignoring my protesting glares. An awkward silence filled the room before we both start to talk at the same time. Seth laughs.

"I can barely believe it, I actually have a sister and my mums alive. I can't believe my dad lied to me" he sighs.

"Yeah, my mum usually just told me that she wanted me to take her last name and that my dad- well step dad was fine with it..." I trail off. Maybe I should go see Storm again this afternoon, he always was the best thing for me to be with when I'm stressed.

"My dad said he never remarried because he loved my mum so much. But she's out there married to someone else..." Seth explains quietly.

"Do I have any half siblings I need to know about?" He adds sounding slightly worried.

"No, just me, she's probably been living with a lot of guilt after giving up her son" I say sadly.

"Do you think, that maybe our parents still have feelings for each other" as he says this I'm drinking water and start coughing.

"I don't think so, if they went to such extreme lengths" I said truthfully.

"It's just they've both lied to you and I for a long time" I add. His question was a good one but I don't think my mum would ever be unfaithful to my step dad.

I hear my laptop ding and it notifies me that I have an inbox. I walk over and sit down at my desk opening my email. It was from the hospital I was born at, a link was attached.

"Did you just get an email?" I ask him.

"Yeah I'm opening it now" he responds briefly.

As the link opens I see two birth certificates, mine and Seth's. If what my parents were arguing about is true I'll find out now.

Mother: Katrina Hastings
Father: Peter Andrews

It was on both certificates. A sick feeling hit my stomach yet again for the 100th time today. I could barely bring myself to breathe, this was bad. Why did my mum split with my biological dad and why didn't mum tell me in the first place?

"Well this isn't something that happens everyday" Seth mutters on the other side of the line.