Chapter 23

Chapter 23

"Well since the girls are here I've cancelled the tour at EFA, I'm sure they can show you around when you arrive" mum ponders as she edits a photo on her computer. I sigh, she's got a point.

"Where's dad been, I didn't hear him get home last night" I ask resting my head on my hands. The girls are still asleep upstairs so I'm down here questioning mum about all the weird behaviour lately.

"Actually he didn't come home at all" she says bitterly, before turning to me.

"Is there something you want Taylor, I'm trying to work" she adds with a frustrated tone.

"Why didn't dad come home..?" I ask cautiously.

"He's been busy" she pauses and scrunches up her noise in distaste of what she says after looking back at her computer.

"Sure" I mutter under my breath and walk off to the kitchen. Food was on my mind, lots and lots of food. I pull out the pancake mix and start to make them. I haven't made pancakes in a while so it was about time. As I flip them over I hear Mia emerge from her room.

"Jeez Taylor, if you eat that much you'll start outweighing Storm" she says taking a seat at the counter. I roll my eyes.

"Well some are for you and Scarlett but hey, if you don't want any I'm fine with having more on my plate" I say sarcastically. She fake glares at me before taking out her phone to I presume, text somebody. I hear a knock on the door so I tell Mia to take control while I answer it. When I open the door I spot an unfamiliar man standing there, about mum and dad's age. I almost immediately notice his eye colour was just like mine, creepy...

"Can I help you?" I said narrowing my eyes at this guy, typical, always get interrupted when I'm trying to make food.

"Hi I'm Peter Andrews, I was wondering if Mathew was around?" he asks glancing around me.

"Mr Andrews, it's good to see you" Scarlett appears at my side and smiles, I was oblivious to what's going on.

"My dad's not here right now, would you like to speak to my mum?" I ask looking at my with suspicion. He looks at me strangely before shaking his head.

"No that's quite alright, I'll call him later, thank you though...-" he trails off.

"Taylor" I finish, he nods and leaves. I close the door and walk back to the kitchen.

"That wasn't weird at all" I say sarcastically out loud. Scarlett just shrugs as she takes a seat and I swap with Mia.

"Who was it" Mia asks confused.

"Ask Scarlett" I roll my eyes.

"Seth's dad was here looking for her dad" Heather says pulling out her phone.

"Who's Seth?" I ask as I pile the pancakes onto three separate plates.

"He's a rider and one of our friends from EFA, his dad went to EFA when he was a kid to so I'm assuming he knew your dad from then" Scarlett says.

"My dad never went to EFA, only my mum" I mumble, handing the plates to the girls before digging into my pancakes.

"Taylor" my mum calls as she walks into the kitchen.

"Present" I said jokingly.

"Who was at the door?" She asks narrowing her eyes at me suspiciously.

"Peter Andrews or something, he was looking for dad" I shrugged before taking another bite of my pancakes. Mum tenses and nods her head before leaving.

"What's up with your parents" Scarlett says rolling her eyes.

"Honestly I don't know" I respond taking another bite.

"I think heard them fighting yesterday morning" Mia says.

"I've never really heard my parents fight, maybe that's why he didn't come home" I said frowning with slight worry.

"What were they saying?" I add.

"I'm not sure, it was a bit muddled up since I was in my room and they were downstairs" she says with a mouth full of pancake.

"Oh my goodness, close your mouth" Scarlett snaps with a grossed out facial expression. I laugh at this and we go back to eating our food in silence.

10:57pm

It was nighttime by now and the girls and I did our same routine today. It was all a piece of cake and my dad finally came home around dinner time. The girls have already gone to sleep by now but I've been awake the whole time trying to familiarise myself with the EFA grounds since I'm not doing the tour. It was rather difficult.

I hop off the bed and make my way downstairs, I could hear mum and dad talking between themselves. I decide not to interrupt and get a glass of water before heading back upstairs however I stop. Since my parents seem to not be telling me anything I might as well ears drop. After a minute or two I hear mum mention that Peter guy.

"He was at our door this morning looking for you" mum says quietly.

"What did you tell him?" he asks.

"Taylor answered the door-" she starts but is cut off.

"Oh brilliant, that's just what we need, Taylor in the mix" he cuts her off with an angry tone.

"He's your friend-" she starts.

"No he's your friend and he's here to try and take you back" he gets up to his feet clearly agitated. 

"What's your problem, honestly, you've been acting like a child these past days, get over it, that all happened along time ago" she snaps also standing up from the couch.

I probably should leave but this was getting way to serious, so I'm staying.

"Oh really? You come you never let me even be a dad to Taylor. You never let me make decisions with you. I didn't agree on you taking her on that trip to Australia, but you went anyways. Of course I looked like the bad guy because I was apparently 'working', isn't that what you said to Taylor" he says raising his voice.

"I'm so sorry I wanted to go take my daughter on a holiday" she to raises her voice.

"You know what I'm not going there with you tonight, I bet your going to go around my back with the whole horse situation just like you did with that academy" he snaps taking a step back.

"Excuse me, she got a scholarship and had her heart set on it, I'm not letting you take that away from her. I'm her mother!" I've honestly never seen my mum so mad.

"She's not your daughter, she's mine, yes her father is Peter, but we were engaged at the time so drop it. I'm allowed to do what I like with my kid" This time she yells.

"Yeah and what about your other one huh? What about your son, you ever going to tell Taylor she had a brother. Oh and that he'll be going to her school?" my dad asks dangerously.

I was frozen by this point, a cold sweat washed over me. So this is the secret my parents have been keeping.

"That's so not fair, Peter and I agreed that I would take Taylor and he would take Seth. It's not like we wanted it that way" my mums says and looks to be crying.

"My point is-" he continues on arguing and I decide to silently run up to my room. What the hell is going on?