Chapter 4

~Craig~

"Why don't you sit with me anymore?" Clyde complained to me at lunch. I haven't sat with him in English in a two weeks and it was really getting to him. He's always been needy and emotional.

"First Token leaves me because supposedly he can't see in the back." He put quotes around it while glaring to Token.

"I seriously can't Clyde. You know I have bad eyes." Token interrupted.

"That's not an excuse! Then now you leave me... Am I annoying or something?" Tears welled up in his eyes as he looked between Token and I.

"Of course not Clyde. If you were annoying I wouldn't hang out with you at all." Token gently pat Clyde's back.

"Token..." He looked to him with his brown tear-filled eyes before glancing back to me. "So it's only you that hates me?"

"You are an idiot..." His bottom lip wobbled slightly. I sighed. He's such a crybaby sometimes. "You're annoying as hell Clyde, but you're not the reason I moved."

"Really! Oh thank god!" Clyde flashed a wide smile, with that he was back to his usual self -an over joyed idiot. "So why'd you move anyway?" He spoke as he stuffed his mouth like he was going into hibernation.

"That new kid pisses me off so I've been dealing with it." I shrugged as I pushed peas around on my plate.

"Tweek? The scared twitchy kid? What could he do that would anger you so much?" Token asked before taking a bite of his sandwich.

"I just don't like him. He's too cocky, I wanna break him." I shrugged and watched as Clyde casually grabbed the sandwich from Token's hands and took a bite.

"Dude, you already ate your lunch." Token complained but didn't make any attempt to take his sandwich back.

"So what else are you gonna do? I wanna help too!" Clyde tapped his chin in thought.

"Maybe you should leave him alone. I mean, he's probably having a horrible time anyways, what with being the new kid and so.. unique." Token began spouting his nice, good-hearted ideas so I tuned out.

"Oh I know! Let's invite him to one of the parties." Clyde was talking about some parties that we sometimes attend. They were sometimes at the lake, in a park, or at someone's house. It didn't matter where it was, if someone brought booze, people would show up.

"You just wanna get drunk Clyde." I sighed and watched as the twitching boy walked into the lunchroom.

"Let's go Clyde." I would've invited Token to come along as well but I knew he didn't like being mean. Token was the much needed nice guy in our group. If he wasn't here we would be labeled simply as a bunch of assholes who hung out together. Before he could protest we were gone and walking to where Tweek had sat down alone.

"Hey buddy." I said in a false kind voice. I leaned on the table in front of him giving him a nice smile.

"GAH!" He screamed automatically. I noticed after a few days that he had a problem with that. He'd scream anytime someone would show up unexpectedly or even just raise their voice. He screamed about anything really.

"Wow freaky." Clyde commented, I elbowed him in the rib to shut him up.

"So wanna hang out this weekend?" I continued.

"WHAT! W-why?" He moved further back in his seat almost falling off in his attempt to get away.

"Craig feels bad for being so mean to you lately. He just wants to be friends with you." Clyde picked up on my fake kindness and added his own sickly sweetness.

"Then say it yourself Craig." He spat my name out like it was dirt in his mouth. That little twit.

"It's true, I'm very sorry." I pulled my mouth up into a hopefully nonthreatening smile.

"See buddy? We know you have no friends here still. We wanna change that." Clyde was so believable, I wished I had his charms.

"Yeah. So pretty please come to the party. We could come pick you up too." I tried and failed at adopting his charms, the sarcasm was embedded in my voice and he seen through it easily. The kid seemed dumb but I guess he wasn't naive.

"Fake. Y-you're lying! I know what happens with this type of stuff! I've seen it it the movies!" Still dumb... He shot up suddenly, tripping over the table and sprawling out on the floor. It was as if gravity was completely against him, leading him to the ground every chance it got. Clyde let out a sputtering laugh.

"Hey... Buddy." It was getting harder for me to continue this act. Looking at the kid sprawled on the ground... How could someone be so pitiful? "Would you please come? I just really want to be your friend." I pulled him up by him arm.

"D-don't touch me!" Tweek dug his jagged fingernails into my hand, I released him immediately. "I don't know what you want but just leave me alone!" Suddenly he lept up, or at least attempted to, and retreated away, still tripping on his own two legs.

"Wow. What a spaz." Clyde let out a slow whistle. It could've been the fact that my hand stung like a bitch, or maybe the fact that some spazoid had rejected my invitation even when I was being "nice", either way my blood was boiling and Clyde caught the debris.

"Says the idiot who screams in classrooms and constantly cries like a fucking toddler. This place is full of dumb-asses."

"Dude what the hell's your problem?"

"Try shutting up for once Clyde." He swallowed his response as I turned and stalked away. Clyde didn't attempt to follow, I'd have to buy apology food later on. I was being an asshole again and I knew it. I trudged into the hall and felt a sting in my hand from where Tweek had scratched. It was already leaving a welt.

~Tweek~

I ran down the hall and up some stairs that I've never had to go up before. Soon I was in another part of the school I've never even been to. There weren't even any students walking around. I'll just take a break here. Lunch just started so I'll have time to relax.

Why do people have to be so mean? I sat down on the ground with my back to the wall. Maybe they were actually being nice... No don't be stupid Tweek. They were being jerks, that's it.

I thought of all the things that could've happened if I actually went to this party and became anxious. They could push my off the building and kill me... I did laugh at Craig last week. Would he really kill me? Thinking about that look he gave me made me want to hurl.

"GARRRH!! WHAT DID I EVEN DO TO YOU!" I screamed and tore at my hair. "GAAAAAH!! JESUS CHRIST!" A chunk of blond came out in my hands. "Nooo I'm gonna have a bald spot again!" I frantically felt around my head for one. Mom would be upset if she saw I was balding again!

"Why are you here?" I heard someone say from a shadow in the hall. His voice was dark and menacing and frankly I didn't feel like dying today.

"Oh God! I'm sorry! I'll leave!" I scrambled to my feet and began to run when something grabbed my ankle. "NOOO!!" I screamed as I fell to the ground, flat on my face, for the second time today.

"Please let me go! I'm sorry! You can take my underwear! I don't care!"

"Your underwear? I mean, I usually don't complain, but we just met dude." The voice chuckled and let go of my ankle.

"You're not a gnome." I whispered as I peeked behind me at the voice.

"You've got issues dude, just like the rumors say." The voice let out another honest light hearted chuckle.