Chapter 24

~Tweek~

"Now, Annie, please read the next passage." The teacher yawned, not even she could pay attention. Annie began stuttering out the wrong passage but nobody stopped her. I looked around, half the students in here weren't even pretending to be awake. They were slumped over their books, fast asleep, the others were propping themselves up with the hands while nodding off. I was the only one who was actually awake, thanks to my coffee. I looked over to Craig, for a second it looked like he was sound asleep too. Leaning back in his desk with his arms crossed and his eyes closed, somehow he even looked angry when he was sleeping. Suddenly his eyes popped open as if he could sense me staring at him, he glanced over to me and stared back. I quickly looked back to my book and tried to follow along with what Annie was saying.

"Pst," Craig hissed. I looked over to see that he had his phone out. Seeing what he wanted, I pulled my own phone out of my bag. I had one text from him.

Craig: Bored. Wanna skip?

Me: Wrre already in class, we cant get out now

Craig: Wanna bet?

I looked over to see Craig was giving me one of his cocky smirks, his eyebrow was even raised in a challenge.

Me: I dont have any money

Craig: We'll work something out, so deal? I'll get us out of class

Ditching class... what if we get caught? Then expelled... and then my parents would be angry and ship me off to a boarding school in Australia! And then I'll get eaten by some crazy animals there and then- My phone buzzed again.

Craig: Deal?

Me: ...fine

I watched as Craig slipped his phone back into his pocket and stood up, he walked up to the teacher and whispered something to her for a little bit. She looked to me a few times and then back to Craig. Finally she shrugged and nodded to him, he came back to my desk and leaned over.

"You might wanna act sick now," He whispered in my ear.

"I'm a horrible actor!" He shrugged and then lifted me up by my shoulders. He propped me up against him and began walking me out of the room. I put on my best sick face and tried to make myself look as feeble as possible. I looked to the teacher, she had a look of pity on her face meaning I must have been doing a pretty good job. To add to the effect, I gripped my stomach as Craig led me the rest of the way out and into the hall. He closed the door behind him and then turned back around.

"Horrible actor my ass. I thought you were going to really puke on me for a second there."

"T-thanks..."

"I told you I'd get us out." He began walking down the hall, with no where to go, I followed him. "So, I won the bet."

"I have no money!" I followed him all the way up to the level above us, where I first met Kenny.

"I know," He smirked again as he grabbed me by the hand and pulled me closer to him. He pushed me into a corner, usually I'd feel claustrophobic and short and breath but I didn't feel that way with him. He pinned me there by holding a knee in between my legs.

"You made me skip class for this?" I looked up into Craig's eyes, they were all danger and... lust?

"Would you rather be reading Civil Obedience?" He was close enough now that I could feel his breath on me.

"I dunno... Thoreau is a pretty interesting guy."

"Hmm..." He hummed in my ear. He planted a kiss on my neck and trailed up. I felt a shiver go through me as he continued up my jaw.