Chapter 17

~Craig~

Standing outside of the Harbucks I felt like an idiot. I looked at myself in the reflective surface. I look so pathetic... I pressed my forehead against the cool surface of the window. Why am I getting all worked up? Be calm Craig. This is totally normal. Just getting some coffee. "Oh Tweek, you work here? What a surprise!... no that's stupid. I clenched my fist as I got ready to open the door.

~Tweek~

He's been standing in the window for five minutes now... He's just staring directly at me! Should I call the police? I felt myself shaking as I stared at him through the glass. He looks so pissed! Is he stalking me! What do I do!? I felt tears come to my eyes as I continued panicking. Craig closed his eyes and pressed his forehead to the window and I realized what was going on. HE DOESN'T KNOW IT'S ONE SIDED GLASS!! How does he not realize I can see him! I found myself sputtering with laughter. Then the door opened with the ring of the bell, in the doorway was Craig. He walked straight up to me. I still felt a giggle in my throat.

"What's so funny?" His rough monotonous voice made the laughter dissappear.

"N-nothing!" He glared at me but didn't argue. There was an awkward silence between us.

"Aren't you supposed to take my order?" He muttered.

"O-oh... uh W-what would you like?" He glared up at the menu... at first it looked like he was just glaring but then it continued for an uncomfortable amount of time.

"Craig... C-can you not read the menu?" He looked back down at me and his eyes narrowed into an actual glare. "Um... s-sorry." Then they softened.

"I was in a hurry, I forgot to put in my contacts." He muttered and he shoved his hands into his pockets. In a hurry for what? Staring scarily into the store? Now that I looked at him, the bangs that peaked under his hat even looked messy.

"I... can just, make you something I guess."

"Thanks." I went into the back and made a quick iced caramel macchiato, I found that many people were okay with that. When I came back out Craig was sitting in a booth facing toward me. I walked his drink over to him and dropped it off, ready to leave to the counter again.

"Thanks... hey, why don't you sit down?" I looked around for an escape but nobody else was at the shop. I can't just say no... we're not busy or anything. I slipped down into the seat.

"So... uh..." I tried to come up with some conversation topics but nothing came to mind.

"You don't have to try so hard." He tapped his fingers against his drink.

What does he mean try hard? How do I even talk to him? Another awkward silence as Craig sipped at his drink, he made a face.

"You don't like it?"

"Hmm?" He asked, the stray still in his mouth. "No its fine." He sipped at the drink, it looked like he was making an effort trying to drink it. I made a mental note to never make him this drink again... if he comes back in. Not that I'm expecting him to. Yet another awkward silence.

Don't try hard... just talk. Yeah, like I can do that.

"Okay this is going no where. Let's start over."

"W-what?" Craig stuck his hand out across the table.

"Hi I'm Craig, we go to the same school. I'm actually in a few of your classes."

"I-I already know that- oh!" We're starting over, I get it. "H-Hi... I'm T-Tweek." A smirk pulled at Craig's lips, he was happy that I was actually playing along.