Chapter 16

~Craig~

The week went by slow, little contact from Tweek. My attempt at making him like me while at school weren't working. I could only talk to him during the mornings and it seems as though he's been trying to avoid me. He always came in just a minute before final bell rang and even when we had free time because the teacher was late, he's been doing something else. Going to the bathroom, sharpening his pencil, microwaving his coffee, even reading a dictionary. Yes I've tried to talk to him while he was doing these things but I think it makes him hate me more. Our conversations (if you'd even call them that) were shrouded in awkwardness and his anxiety induced screams. And during lunch he'd disappear before I could ask him to join us at the table. I was getting no where with him and it was irritating me. I had to come up with a different way to talk to him, and that involved doing something I hated.

Instead of meeting up with up with the guys during lunch I made a beeline to the abandoned hallway upstairs. Don't ask me why we had this hallways, I have no idea. I walked directly to where I knew he always came for lunch and sat down. The wall had etchings in it with his name and other doodles. Minutes later I heard footsteps come jogging up the stairs accompanied by a girly giggle.

"Are you sure we're allowed to be up here Kenny?"

"I come up here all the time, no one cares Red." At that I immediately jumped up. I wasn't planning on fighting him but I think I had to now. Me and Red weren't that close or anything but she's my cousin, it's my job to protect her.

"Red, I swear..." I didn't even have to threaten her and she had already jumped a few feet away from Kenny.

"I'm so sorry Craig! Don't tell my dad!" She pleaded with me. Kenny had a bad reputation and if Red's dad found out about her having a fling with Kenny, he wouldn't be happy.

"Leave now." And with that she scurried back down the stairs.

"You cockblocker," Kenny muttered as he went and sat down in his usual spot. He didn't seem too disappointed though. "So what are you doing up here? Lookin' for some fun?" He winked at me and put on a flirty expression.

"Yeah right, I'm not into-"

"Dudes? You can't use that excuse anymore big boy." Kenny chuckled slightly. I ignored his interruption, normally I would've punched him in the face but I need to play nice if I wanted the information I came for.

"I need your help." It pained me to ask him for it.

"Aw lover boy needs my help. And why should I give it to you?" His cocky attitude was wearing on me. Play nice Craig. Get the info then beat up the scum.

"Because if you do then I won't pound your face in and I won't inform Red's dad about your activities with her. I'd like to see you try to fight him."

"You, my friend, have a deal." He grinned at me like we were friends and I hadn't just threatened him. "So it's about Tweek, I can tell." I hesitated for a moment but then plopped down on the ground next to him.

"He hates me..." Kenny just laughed.

"That kid's not capable of hate, he's scared of you Craig. You did bully him relentlessly for a few months."

"I know... I've tried to make it up but, I don't know how. You got him to like you."

"Yeah, but I'm lovable and hella sexy. You've got the sexy part down but you're about as cuddly as a brick."

"Ha ha ha." I muttered sarcastically. It was a bad idea to ask McCormick for help. 

"I dunno man..." Kenny ran his hand through his blond hair. "I feel bad saying this but, corner him."

"What?"

"Like... go visit him somewhere he can't run away. Tweek is shy so it's automatic for him to run from confrontation with you. Go see him at Harbucks."

"Isn't that stalker-ish? Plus..." I thought of what happened last time at Harbucks.

"Ooh spill it, what happened?" Kenny edged close to me.

"I did something horrible to him..."

"Something horrible?"

"I kinda... surprise kissed him." Kenny let out a sputtering laugh beside me.

"You're freaking out just because of a kiss? Weak dude! I kiss people all the time, no big deal." Suddenly Kenny leaned in toward me and grabbed me by the cheek, pulling me into a kiss. My fist came up automatically and I socked him in the side of the head. 

"WHAT THE FUCK MCCORMICK!!" At the same time as I yelled I heard a gasp. I looked up to see Tweek shaking, wide eyed. He had just come out of the bathroom up here- So that's where this damn kids been hiding.

"Oh hey Tweek, what's up?" Kenny greeted him.

"S-sorry for interrupting!!" His hands shot up to cover his eyes, the kid and his untied shoe laces were going to be the death of him. Luckily he tripped forward and not back toward the stairs. 

"Hey calm down," I sighed as I pulled Tweek up. His forehead and cheek were red from where he fell. I ran my finger over the spot in his cheek. "You're such a spaz you know?" His eyes began to widen as he realized what was going on.

"I uh...s-sorry." He muttered as he began to pull away from me. I noticed what an intimate motion I was making and let him go immediately. Tweek scrambled to him feet and hesitated for a moment, like he was going to say something but then ran/stumbled away.

"Well... that was adorable and slightly awkward to watch." Kenny spoke up making me remember what he did. I threw my arm at him, my fist collided with his face again, this time much harder than the last. Kenny slumped to the ground holding his face.

"Owwww, what the hell man!" He pushed himself up, ready to fight.

"You do that again and I'll break your nose." Kenny began to loosen up.

"Oh the kiss, geez, so emotional." He shrugged. "Anyways, I gotta go. Remember, go to Harbucks, see ya." He blew a kiss at me before jogging down the stairs. The bell rang and I pulled myself off the ground. Dammit, I wanna go home. If I skipped class anymore this week my mom will throw a fit. I sighed as I made my way to my next class.