Chapter 12

~Tweek~

He pulled me behind some row of game booths. It was dirty and abandoned back there. He finally let go of my arm, it left a red mark where he'd been holding. Craig looked pissed and he was pacing back and forth. The hat he usually wore was missing, probably back on the ground now where he'd attacked Kenny. His black hair was all sorts of crazy, maybe that's why he hid it under the hat so often.

"Craig...?" I asked and his attention shifted to me. Again, his eyes flared as if the anger had renewed. 

"Do you like him?" He demanded, suddenly in my face. The question took me off guard.

"W-what?"

"Do you like McCormick?" He stepped forward again, making me pull back automatically.

Do I like Kenny? I mean... He's really nice and he's always fun. But... I touched my fingers to my lips where I could still feel the pressure of his kiss.  I could feel a hotness rush to my face, imaging his tongue gliding against my lip again. Craig's face turned up with disgust and anger filled me.

"I don't think t-that's any of your business." I tried to be confident and take a stand.

"Shut the hell up." He glared at me. "Just answer the question."

"N-no... I don't think I do." I felt bad once I said it but it was true. I couldn't really see myself with Kenny other than as friends. Craig seemed to relax a bit. 

"Then why'd you kiss him?" He crossed his arms now, obviously the anger he'd felt was gone. 

"K-Kenny kissed me!" I yelled it out in a defensive way by accident. I tried to calm myself. "W-why do you even care?" He glanced over at me. He seemed just as confused as I am. "You hate me right?"

"Would you stop saying that!" He yelled as he stood straight up again. His mouth was taut in a straight line but he couldn't hide the slight tremble in his bottom lip. "He's playing you, Kenny's just that way." Craig turned away from me and looked at the ground.

"You don't know that Craig. Even if he was, it's... It's none of your business. You can't be mean to me one second and then the next you punch someone in the face because they're actually treating me like a human being! What gives you the right man!" I sucked in a deep breath and tried to calm my breathing. Craig turned around, his eyes were wide, he looked like he was about to say something. I didn't give him the time to, I spun around and ran in the opposite direction. I had to get away from this place.

~Craig~

I slid down to the ground and put my face in my hands.

What the hell was that? Why do I even care? I hate him right?  I thought again at what I saw. Kenny staring at me with a stupid grin and then him locking lips with Tweek. Just thinking about it made my fist tremble with anger.

"Hey Craig." Speak of the devil. I sprung up, ready for round two. Kenny held his hands up. "I'm not here to fight. Let's just talk this out alright?"

"Like hell." I growled.

"Not even if it's about Tweek?" I felt my hands loosen as rationality took hold again. "See? Come on, here me out alright?" I've never heard him sound so serious.

"Fine... You have five minutes." I let myself sit back down and Kenny came and sat in front of me, far enough that he could get away if things went south.

"Alright well first off, let's get something straight. I do like Tweek, but not in that way. He's a good kid and a great friend. Why'd I kiss him? Well that's because of you."

"Me? What the hell are you talking about McCormick?"

"It's obvious how you feel about him. You never make an effort like you do with him. I notice how you act when he's not in class. I just wanted to help spark those feelings for you." He held his feet in his hands as he rocked back and forth, smiling like the idiot he was.

"What are you saying..."

"That you like Tweek, duh."

"I'm not gay..." Kenny put up his hands again.

"Hey, I just call it as I see it. Maybe you're just gay for Tweek. I don't know."

No... I can't like dudes. No way. I thought of Tweek, his short girl-like stature, the way his delicate pink lips sipped at his coffee, and the way his big emerald green eyes scanned everything with such care. I thought of the way I felt when he was around, the way I looked for him each morning and the way I'd find something to criticize so that he'd have a reason to speak. The way my heart sped up when he fought back. I thought back to when I'd made him cry and how horrible I felt when I saw those giant tears fall down his perfectly smooth pale face.

"Oh shit..."

"See," Kenny stood up and dusted off his pants. "Maybe I should go into business. Kenny the Matchmaker." He held his hand out for me to take. I pushed it away and helped myself up, he didn't seem to mind. "So, how are you gonna do it lover boy?"

"Don't call me that. And what are you talking about?" 

"How are you gonna win Tweek back? I mean he practically hates you right now."

"He doesn't hate me." I snapped, and then thought. I would hate me in I were him. "He's gonna hate you too then."

"Yeah, but that's my business. Besides, I'm adorable." I snorted and he shot me a glare. "He'll forgive me. I'm just worried about you. Don't make all my work be for nothing." With that he turned around and walked away.

"Dammit..." Why did he even have to show up here? I gotta go find a way to make it better.