Chapter 13

~Tweek~

As I walked into class I tried to ignore the blue hooded figure that sat beside my normal seat. He hadn't noticed me yet but a chill still ran down my spine as I recalled our last encounter. 

"Good morning Tweek." Craig greeted me too-cheerfully before I had the chance to even sit down. His mouth was turned up in some sorta grimace as if smiling was something he was still working on. I audibly cringed away, and the smile vanished just as fast. Craig rolled his eyes and turned away. 

I guess that was pretty mean of me... But what was he expecting! The face he was making looks straight out of a horror movie! 

"You're supposed to say good morning back, idiot."I looked back to him. He hadn't turned back to me yet, but was sitting with his arms crossed in front of his chest. His long legs were strewn forward under his desk, completely blocking the walkway for anyone else (although I doubt he cared).

"What do you want?" 

"For you to like me." He said casually in a low voice. He looked around the room like he was embarrassed. Still he hadn't looked in my direction again.

"Why..." I dug my fingers into my coffee thermos focusing on a scratch on the lid instead of his face. It just made me confused. Why does he look all embarrassed now? Why is he so hard to read?

"W-why?" He was stuttering nervously. "I just... I want to..." he trailed off. I couldn't help but look up at him again. His face was turning pink. What's happening. Is this another prank he's trying to pull?

"What's going on Craig." He wasn't being mean to me anymore, it was like he was making an attempt at being kind, an awful one, but yes an attempt.

"Nothing. I'm just... bored... of being like that." He rubbed his palms to his eyes before looking back at me again. "Sit with me at lunch today alright. With everyone else."

"Gah! W-why!?"Are they planning some cruel trick? What are they going to do to me? Images of movies scenes where the nerd gets pranked go through my head. I don't know how to escape a locker... what if they give me a swirly? My hari is bad enough already!

"You have no poker face you know. I just want to be friends with you alright."

"I..." He looked at me with pleading eyes. How could he change from looking so deadly all the time, to being like this? "I guess so... For just today." His eyes lit up, he looked so pleased I almost believed he was telling the truth. 

"Alright class, sit down." The teacher muttered as she came into the room.

I noticed that Craig hadn't even bothered me for the homework today. I suppose maybe he really is trying to make a change?

~Craig~

"You're not ditching me Tweek." I noticed the boy about to leave the lunchroom, tray in hand, and I caught up to him. 

"GAH! I w-wasn't trying t-to... Ngh... Leave." He most obviously was. 

"Yeah whatever." I grabbed his shoulders, trying not to note how touching him left my hand feeling electric, and steered him over to my table. Clyde looked at me funny and then looked to Tweek as he sat down. Tweek, on the other hand, wouldn't look up from his tray of food. 

"Guys this is Tweek." I introduced him formally to the group. Sorta late considering how long he's been at the school...

"Tweek sits right in front of me, but if you don't remember my name, I'm Token." Token held out his hand across the table. Tweek pulled away at first but then quickly wiped his hand on his thigh before giving Token's a quick shrug.