~8~

Bethany's POV

"Oh, hi." I awkwardly reply.

"I didn't want to text you yet." She replies

"That's alright."

We both awkwardly stand in front of each other for a couple minutes. Until I speak up.

"We should probably sit down and talk. Shouldn't we?"

"Yeah" she shyly replies. Andrea, shy? What?

We both walk over to an empty table and sit down.

At the same time, we both blurt out, "I'm sorry"

Andrea starts speaking first, "No Beth, I'm sorry. It's my fault. I've got a lot on my mind right now. It wasn't right for me to say those things and I've felt awful. I should've told you I was upset and talk to you."

"No Andi," I start,"it's okay. I overreacted too. I just wish we talked about that kind of stuff more. I thought we were best friends." I pause, "It's not to late if you want to get that stuff that's bothering you off your chest." I suggest.

She hesitates. "Beth, I want is to be friends again, I really do. But you have to accept something."

"I can't promise anything, Andi. You know that. I'll listen to what you have to say, but I'm not promising what I'll feel is positive."

"Okay, I understand." She pauses, "You know, and I said, something has been bothering me. I want us to go back to being best friends. But I can't talk about this. Not know."

I sit there, astonished with her words. "What do you mean?"

"Beth, I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

"Don't make this harder for me."

"Just tell me why you can't tell me why you can't tell me something."

"I'm sorry but I can't, Bethany!"

"Fine. We can move on and be best friends. Just don't show something is wrong. But you have to answer my one question."

"I'll try." She responds.

"What's the purpose of this big secret?"

"I can't tell you much. It's just for the best Beth. The best thing for you."