~36~

Bethany's POV

I lay on my bed and look at the ceiling. Us art like that for probably 40 minutes.

"Hey Beth?" I look up to see Witney standing in the doorway.

"I called Derek. He's not feeling like going out, so he's picking up a pizza and bringing it here." She tells me.

"He's not feeling like going out? You mean, you called and explained everything, and told him to bring pizza here. Right?" I ask.

"Yeah. Yeah, I did." She nods her head. "Listen, I haven't been in your exact situation. But I know what a broken heart feels like, okay? So just go with it. Der should be here in about 10 minutes." She tells me and walks out to the family room.

I lay down and start staring at the ceiling again. I didn't realize how long it was, and how much I spaced out till I hear a knock knock.

Derek is standing in the doorway with a pizza.
"Hey. I guess you didn't hear me come in and Wit leave. Do you still like thin crust sausage and mushroom?" He asks motioning to the pizza.

"Yeah," I say sitting up, "Do you want to go in the kitchen or..?"

"Let's just lay here." He says and sits on the bed, after kicking his shoes off.

"So how are you?" He asks

"Okay." I respond. "Wait what are you talking about?"

He laughs. "All of it."

"With Delia, it was just so shocking. Every minute just seemed to go by like hours that day. It's still hard. Uh, Cameron and I were trying to get through it together." I explain.

"I saw the rumor about him and that airport chick." He tells me.

"Rumor?" I ask.

"Yeah. There's no way that's true. Trust me. I saw you guys together all the time before the accident. There's no way, after finding out about Delia, that he is with anyone that isn't you."

"I don't know about that. You think you know people, and then they surprise you."

"Beth..." He trails off. I just glare at him.

"What about us? How come you never contacted me after the accident?" I ask.

"Oh. Well, a month or two before the accident, I started dating this girl. She had major jealousy problems. She told me I couldn't talk to a bunch of girls I'm friends with. At first, it was cast members of DWTS, which I had an excuse for. She didn't like it, but oh well. I didn't like it, but I kept ignoring it. Then, one day, I was going to see you and Delia. I was over and we were having a great time. Then she showed up. She started cussing at the both of us. She told me I couldn't talk to you anymore, either. That was when I lost it." He explains.

"What happened?" I ask, eager to find out more.

"I went off on her. I told her that she couldn't control me and that we were done. I called the cops since you and Cam had surveillance cameras. She got thrown in jail." He says.

"That's it? Doesn't really answer my question." I admit.

"Well, after the accident, a lot of us talked. The whole DWTS cast, all your friends and family, and all Cameron's friends and family talked. Both your family, and Cameron's agreed that we should wait. We were waiting to see if you guys would remember. Then, Andrea lost it. I guess it was a week ago. She convinced both families to tell you guys. I was trying to keep more word, and I felt guilty. I felt guilty about the whole shenanigans with my ex girlfriend."

"What was her name?"

"Danielle. Danielle Roberts."