Chapter 22

Grayson was pacing back and forth, he was waiting for any information about Lucy. He knew that while her nose healed the doctor had wanted to let her get some rest. He knew that it was a good idea at the time. He didn't want Lucy to be an any pain, he couldn't stand the thought of her hurting even for a second. He was glad that she had punched Sarah, he just wish he could have seen when it happened. He would have liked to have seen Sarah's face, it would have been priceless.

Ashley had described the scene in great detail, he had never heard his sister so excited before. He liked how Ashley was more open now. She was always a quiet girl, sometimes you didn't realize she was there. Since Lucy had come into his life, many changes have happened. He smiled at the thought of how she showed him what she was capable of doing. That morning in the her grandmother's sitting room was one he wouldn't soon forget.

Just the thought of how she kissed him, and ran her fingers through his hair. It made his heart beat faster at the mere thought. He wanted to gaze into her eyes and tell her that he was a stupid fool. To tell her that he should have never kept Sarah around. She was his one and only and he needed to make her understand that. He knew that she was going to be not to happy at his declaration of love. She would most likely put up a fight, he expected that. He just hoped that she was in a forgiving mood, he paced more and faster.

Joyce came down the stairs, she felt rested after her nap. She smiled as she watched Grayson pace back and forth. Ashley was embroidering a tapestry as she watched her brother. She had to give it to him, he was making her nervous. No one knew what Lucy's reaction was going to be when she found out the news. Joyce and Marybeth had already planned a beautiful picnic for the two. It was being set up as she thought of it.

Lucy had a temper, but she wasn't stupid either. Lucy could go either way, she could loose her temper. She could be silent or she could just be happy. No one knew what mood Lucy was going to be in. Especially once she finds out that Grayson chose her to be his wife. They were about to find out, Daisy was going to make sure that she came downstairs. No matter how much the child refused, she knew that Lucy didn't have a choice.

They all stopped what they were doing when a fresh faced Lucy came down the stairs. Grayson smiled at the mere sight of her, Joyce almost chuckled. Lucy still had some of the bruising around her nose. It wasn't as prominent as it was last week, the doctor was happy with the results. Her face was not altered at all, she looked like she did before the fight.

Lucy smiled at Ashley and her grandmother, then she turned a curious gaze towards Grayson. She walked in the drawing room searching for someone. She wanted to know who Grayson had picked to be his wife. She wanted to know who she had to congratulate for taking her soul mate from her. She was jealous, she wanted Grayson. She was in love with him, he didn't know it. He wasn't going to know it either, that was her hidden secret.

Grayson walked over to Lucy," My dear Lucy, you look so much better." He took her hand in his and placed a kiss on her knuckles. He let his gaze linger as he let her hand go, he knew that he didn't want to let go. He felt the sparks travel up his arm at the mere touch of her hand. He knew that he wanted to touch more than her hand. He wanted to kiss her red lips, to kiss her neck. To make her his bride, he wanted to never let her out of his sight again. He had already wasted enough time with fooling around. He knew that only he could fix this, and fix it he would.