Chapter 26

It had been a couple of weeks since Lucy sent her letter to Grayson. He still had to respond back, she was starting to wonder if he ever would. She wanted to feel loved again, to feel those sparks of pleasure run through her veins. She wanted to be held in his arms again, before wasn't long enough. She held out hope that he would come for her. Even still she had the hope that he was coming for her, but that was going to end if it wasn't soon.

Ashley had received a letter from her mother telling her about what happened to Sarah. Since she had lied about being pregnant with Grayson's child. Her father who was ashamed that his own daughter would stoop to lying. He had made sure that she got her wish, she married to a gentleman with an old title. Lucy couldn't help but erupt in a fit of giggles at the mere thought. Sarah was married off to Lord Croft, he was in his late sixties. He was also known for being very frugal, he also expected Sarah to produce an heir immediately. His other two wives died from the harshness of life with Lord Croft. Between the first two wives, Lord Croft had fifteen children. They were all girls, Sarah was now in purgatory.

Lucy knew that it was harsh conditions, and she didn't want any harm to come to Sarah. She also knew that Karma would always get you when you least expected it too. Sarah got what she deserved, she wanted to play a game at life. Well life decided to play with her, the only way to survive the old Lord Croft. Was to produce an heir, or she would be with child till she did.

Ashley had found that she was enjoying life here, she loved this side of the country. She was wanting to meet Edward, Lucy knew that they would be great together. In fact he had came to visit with Dalton one time. It was a match made in heaven, they had fell immediately in love upon first sight. Lucy was happy for Ashley, in fact her father has gotten better. The doctors said he would live longer than they had originally thought. He just had to watch what he ate and did.

Lucy walked through the garden, everyone was happy and moving on with their lives. All she wanted to be was to be happy too. She wished that Grayson was here and holding her in his arms. Telling her that everything would be alright. She wanted to feel his love in every way that was possible. She was lost in thought when Ashley called to her. " There you are Lucy, I have been looking for you."

Lucy smiled," sorry, I was just lost in my thoughts. Come and walk with me, we shall go and wade in the creek near here." It was pretty warm out, the weather had turned pretty warm. It was nice, at least it wasn't cold.

Ashley smiled," I know that this has been hard, I have no clue what is taking my brother so long. My mother is coming here for a visit. She will be here in a couple of days, I am so excited to see her."  She smiled at the thought of seeing her mother again, it had been over a month since she saw her.

Lucy grinned," I am so happy to hear that the Duchess will be here to visit. I am sure she is coming to take you home with her, and I will miss you. I couldn't have done this without you and my grandmother."  She frowned at the thought of Ashley leaving her, that meant Grayson had changed his mind. She couldn't take it if he just didn't show up and Ashley left to go back home.