Chapter 25

My Dearest Lucy,

       I love you, I love you, I love you. You are the light of my life, my air that I breathe. I can't live without you, life wouldn't be the same. Your beautiful inside and out, I need a strong woman to be my Duchess. You Lucy, your my Duchess. I know that what Sarah has accused me of looks bad. I want you to know that I never so much held her hand unless I had to. I never have touched her intimately, never kissed her but on her hand. She is claiming to be with child, but Mother thinks it is just a ruse. The doctor is coming in a couple of days and will confirm our suspicions. I know that I have messed up in the past and have made dumb decisions. I am just asking if you could wait for me, I know that is to much to ask. Considering what has transpired, I don't hold out hope for you to wait. It's not that I don't think you will, it's just that it is to much to ask of you. I know that we haven't had much time alone. It was my fault, I allowed Sarah to monopolize most of my time. The whole time I was thinking about you, wondering how different it would be with you. I know that I have messed up plenty in the past. I just hope that you can forgive, I don't deserve it. I know that this has most likely made you think twice on how you feel about me. I just hope that you will forgive me and continue to love me. I will be thinking of you every moment until we see each other again. My heart will be broken until I hold you in my arms again. May these trying days pass with speedy ease.

                                                                                     Yours only,

                                                                                       Grayson

Lucy  read the letter over and over, it had been a week since she had arrived at Clinton hall. She held out hope of Grayson coming to her. She had no word from him since leaving the Ducal estate. Ashley was here and she also had no word of the impending marriage of some sorts. Ashley had verified what Grayson had said in the letter. In fact she knows that Sarah has to be lying about being with child. Ashley's theory is because she wasn't the one that Grayson chose in the first place. So she had devised a plan to get the Duchess title, that was to say she was with child.

Ashley could be right, Sarah was a devious person. She was also a spoiled brat, she thought she was better than anyone. She may be beautiful on the outside, but ugly on the inside. She was so hateful to everyone, no one had liked her. In ways Lucy felt sorry for her, she could attract someone that was her match if she wasn't so spoiled. Sarah was a go getter, she saw what she wanted and she went and got it. She would use what ever measures she needed, but she wouldn't quit.

Lucy didn't want to think about Sarah any longer, she was out of her life one way or another. It didn't stop Lucy from being heartbroken, no matter how many time she read the letter. She wanted to be with Grayson, she loved him. She had definitely lost some weight, she looked a little hollow. She couldn't sleep, when she did it wasn't for long. She knew that no matter what she would wait for Grayson. Even if it took a hundred years, she would wait for him.

She sat by the window and looked out at the rainy weather, it fit her mood. The weather had turned dreary it matched how she felt inside. Grayson was coming for her right? She had to hope that he would, but how much longer would she have to wait? What if he didn't come and she sat right here waiting for Grayson to come? She would give him a chance and if he failed to come after her. Well then she would have to make herself move on. She couldn't be with another if she couldn't have Grayson.