Chapter 30

The birds were chirping quite loud for being just dawn. Lucy scrunched herself under her blankets an attempt to block it out. As her attempt to stay asleep was thus thwarted, she bolted up out of from all her covers. She had a big smile on her face, “ Today I am getting married!” She swung her legs over the side of the bed and ran out her bedroom door. She ran to Ashley's room and threw the door open wide. She noticed that Ashley was curled up in the middle of the bed, sleeping.

She grinned, and had a mischievous grin on her face. She calmly walked over to the side of the bed and grabbed the edge of the blanket. She giggled as she yanked the covers off of the bed and Ashley, and let them fall to the floor. She stood there watching her friend and soon to be sister reaching for the blanket. “ Ashley, time to get up! I am getting married today!”.

Ashley kept her eyes shut as she reached to cover her body up again. She didn't want to get up so early, they had stayed up so late last night. Grayson and Edward left early yesterday, so Lucy and her had stayed up late into the night.” I know that your getting married, but I need my sleep. Come on Lucy, just an hour or so? Please!”

Lucy laughed at her, “ I know that you are tired, but today is the most happiest day of my life.” Lucy twirled around the room in excitement. She was glowing with happiness, she never dreamed that today would ever come. Grayson was going to be her husband, she would be by his side for eternity. She was going to bare his children, and grow old with him. She felt the excitement run through her veins. Grayson was going to be hers and Sarah had lost her chance.

She didn't want to ruin her happiness with thoughts on Sarah. She got what she deserved, and now she was miserable. Lucy was far from it, she felt like she was in heaven. She had started out not wanting to marry anyone. She wanted to live her life the way things had been for the last seventeen years. She now saw how immature she was at that time in her life. She was only sixteen and thought like an adolescent, she was just scared of growing up.

She grinned at the mere thought of her grandmother's excitement. Joyce had danced the night away with the girls. Even the Duchess had joined in the fun, she would never forget last night any time soon. Even her aunt joined in their festivities, Payton was still on her honeymoon. So she missed out, but they are suppose to arrive today before the wedding. Of course her other two cousins were still single, they were not to happy at the thought of the Payton marrying before them. Now they were not to happy at Lucy, also marrying before they do. Lucy thought it was funny, if they would act like decent ladies. They just might make a good match, but when they act spoiled it will take longer.

She decided to push Ashley towards the edge of the bed. “ I will just push you off the side of the bed, if you don't get up with me.” Lucy placed her hands on Ashley's side and began to roll her precariously to the edge of the bed. She was getting close to pushing her off, when Ashley reacted.

“ Okay, I am up! For Pete's sake, Lucy!” Ashley grumbled as she sat up and swung her legs over the edge of the bed. “ It's a good thing I love you dearly, and your becoming my sister. Or you wouldn't be getting away with this.”

Lucy giggled,” Come on Ashley, I am getting married today!” She watched as Ashley's corners of her mouth started to move up into a smile. Soon both girls were giggling and dancing around the room. What they didn't expect was for Joyce to come barging into the room.

“ What is the meaning of this? Lucy have you lost your mind!” She didn't look to happy at both girls, “ I asked a question, and I better get a good answer.” She tapped her foot as she waited for Lucy to answer her. She just didn't expect to be awoken from her slumber so early.