Chapter 1

As I finished filming and turned off my camera, I started to think about everything that has been happening lately. 2012 has gone by so quickly and it's now August. I recently moved back to London after spending four years in high school in the U.S.  and my sister and I now live with my mother and her fiance along with their son (my half-brother). It's been really tough dealing with such a big transition but I manage.

The main thing that has kept me going is my YouTube channel. I recently hit 1 million subscribers which is a crazy milestone. I never knew that so many people were interested in my rants and what I had to say. And since I started, my life has never been the same.

I was also asked to come to Playlist Live early next year. I would be flying back to the U.S. Florida, to be more specific. And there, I would be able to meet a bunch of my viewers and meet a whole bunch of YouTubers. It was also all-expense paid so I couldn't turn down an offer like this. I was so excited that I didn't even stop to think about it. I emailed the guy back right away saying I was all in.

There was also the fact that I was starting University in the fall. I was going to attend University of Leeds and I was so nervous. It's a big step moving away from home without my family. But I was so excited for that. 

"Kendall, are you listening to me?" Sam Pepper asked. I quickly broke out of my deep thoughts.

"What? Sorry, I was just thinking." I responded with a guilty smile.

"Some of my friends and I are going to Nando's for dinner. Do you want to join us?"

"Uhmm, I don't know. I don't want to be awkwardly sitting there because I don't know anyone and I'd constantly leech on to you because I don't know anyone else. And you'll be super annoyed and things will be all bad. And plus. what if they don't like me?" I rambled.

"Impossible. If I like you, they'll like you. But that first option didn't seem so bad either." He said with a wink. 

"I don't know, Sam...." 

"Look, I'm not taking a no for an answer so go get ready!" He said firmly. I reluctantly went to my room and changed my clothes and grabbed my purse. It was a Friday night. I might as well go out and have some fun.

---------------------------

As we approached the table, I saw six familiar faces. And by familiar, I mean I've seen them on YouTube and know each one of their usernames. Now was definitely not the time to embarass myself.

We got to the table and Sam introduced me to everyone. "Everyone, this is Kendall or you may know her as QueenKendall on YouTube. Kenny, this is Jack, Finn, Marcus, Caspar, Alfie, and Zoe."  They all waved with welcoming smiles. 

"Wow it's good to finally meet you all in the flesh." I said in my naturally awkward voice. Why did I have to be so awkward in person! They laughed. They were all very friendly and told me how much they enjoyed my videos. And at the end of the night, I traded contact info with most of them because they were interested in a collab. 

After dinner, I went home and climbed into bed reflecting on everything that was going on. Despite the influx of emotions, I was excited for everything that was coming my way.