Chapter 3

We pulled up in front a big grand old-looking building that I was to call home for the next couple years. My mom dropped me off and we said our goodbyes. I watched the car leave and I couldn't help but feel sad. My room was on the first floor which was great because I am a lazy bum. Yay for no climbing stairs! The room was also a single which meant I didn't have a roommate. It was just me, myself, and I.

I was in the middle of unpacking when I heard fidgiting outside my door. I walked over and opened the door to find a blonde girl trying to put her key in my door. 

"Oh my god! I am so sorry. I thought this was my room. That is probably why my key didn't work. I was trying to open the wrong room! I'm Georgina, by the way." She said apologetically.

"Hi, I'm Kendall!" I said in a friendly manner. 

"Well, I have to go get settled but maybe I'll see you later!" 

I finished unpacking around 6PM and I decided to lay in bed and check all my social media. I was suddenly interrupted by a knocking at my door. I opened the door and found my Room Advisor (the person who kinda run things in the residential building). "There's going to be a nice dinner in the lounge in about 5 minutes! Go meet everyone and socialize. Don't be late." 

I decided to put a nice outfit. I wanted to make a good impression on these people. Once I finished getting ready, I headed for the lounge which is right down the hall. There were so many people, not only from our floor but all the floors. I was reunited with Georgina and we decided to take on this shindig together so we didn't look like loners. Many people came up to us and introduced themselves. I felt awful because I'm terrible at remembering names. 

I was walking to get some more food when I bumped into a hard body. I looked up and saw a very familiar face.

"Finn?"

"Kendall! Wow, what are the chances of seeing you here!" He said as he pulled me into a hug. He smelled so good. It's a smell you just can't get enough of. 

"You smell good."

"Thank you!" 

I was about to say something when a blonde came up to Finn fangirling basically. I got swooped and I decided to walk back to Georgina. I barely got to say anything to Finn. I was a little frustrated. He didn't even say goodbye. I just let it go and interacted with my new friends. After hours of bonding with my flat mates, I went back to my room because tomorrow was going to be a big first day. 

---------------------------

My alarm went off and I immediately decide to check my phone. There was one text from Caspar.

Good morning, Kenya! Good luck on your first day :) Not that you need luck, you're amazing. 

Caspar and I haven't seen each other since the day we went to the zoo. But we kept in touch constantly texting each other and Skyping when we could. He became a really good friend and we were very close. 

Getting out of bed was so difficult. I really hate waking up in the morning. I had chemistry class at 10AM and it was 9:30. I pulled on a lace long-sleeved dress and brown wedges. I was going to take advantage of this nice weather since England is usually Antartica-like. I grabbed some fruit from the dining commons for breakfast and got to class ten minutes early.

Georgina walked into the class and I was so glad to see her. She sat at my lab bench right next to me. Five seconds later, these two girls decided to sit at the lab bench in front of me. I recognized one from last night. She was the girl who swooped Finn in the middle of my conversation with him. I didn't like her already. Did she have no manners? Then, I happened to overhear their conversation.