Chapter 8

It was December and the holidays had finally come. I was out of school and was going back to London to spend Christmas with my family. I was in my dorm in the middle of my floor packing when I heard a very familiar voice.

"Hey Ken! Your door was open. Hope you didn't mind." Finn came over to me and kissed me on the head. Finn and I had hung out a lot recently and we became really close friends. We knew each other's schedules and everything. We would go for coffee runs every single day. And even on exam days where I was really stressed out and studied for hours, he would bring me food and coffee. At one point, I started to get feelings for me but I was completely friend zoned because he would never pull any moves on me or say anything flirtatious. So I got over it.

"Finn! Yeah it's fine, no worries. I was just about to put my suitcase in my car. What's up?" 

"I wanted to talk about something." He said in a serious tone. I decided to get up off the floor and close the door. Then, I sat down on the bed next to him.

"Okay, what's going on? Is it bad news?" 

"It's actually good news. But sitting here with you, it feels like bad news."

"I don't get it."

"Kendall, you have made my first term at Uni so much more bearable. In the beginning, I had just got out of a bad breakup and I was missing my family a whole lot. I was very lonely and it was bad feeling so I used girls to get rid of those feelings. But you made me realize that I wasn't getting rid of those feelings, I was actually making things worse for myself. Even though you hated me, you may not know it but you were being a friend. Showing me my flaws and not accepting my bad behavior and telling me to make better choices. You've made me a better person and I'm so glad to have met you." 

"Where is all this coming from? This sounds a lot like a goodbye." I replied. Even though what he said was heartwarming and very sweet, I had my suspicions. Especially since he told me it was bad news for me.

"I'm dropping out of Uni." He said quietly looking straight ahead.

"What?!" I screamed at him. "You can't!! Why??"

"This whole YouTube thing has become a full time job for Jack and I. We are doing really well. And my parents agreed that if it doesn't workout, I'll come back to Uni."

"This is crazy, Finn! You can't go through with this. I love YouTube as much as you do but there is a life outside of it."

"I'm going through with this, Ken. The least you could do is show a little support. I thought you of all people would be thrilled for me or at least pretend to be."

"No, I don't understand this at all." I said with hostility. I stood up and he stood up with me.

"I should go." He walked towards the door, left my room, and never came back. 

------------

The holidays were over but being back in London was really nice. I hung out with family and ate lots of food. I got some great presents and some not so great presents for Christmas. I made a couple holiday special videos on YouTube which was fun. 

For New Year's Eve, I went to Marcus' party in Bristol. I was reunited with Caspar and I met Marcus' girlfriend Niomi who is a real sweetheart. Alfie and Zoe were there as well. Jack and Finn couldn't make it because they were in Sri Lanka which made things less awkward for me. Finn didn't text me at all after the talk we had about dropping out of Uni but I hadn't texted him either. So I was starting to think that this friendship was over. 

The party was very crowded and I met a lot of people. People were having a blast but I was just not feeling it. It was approaching midnight and everyone was starting to count down. People were looking for their midnight kiss which made it incredibly awkward for me. I was already fairly buzzed and considered myself drunk so I was allowed to make stupid moves. I decided to go look for Caspar and see if he would be my midnight kiss.