Chapter 9 (Playlist Live: Day 1)

Today was the day I was going to fly all the way to Florida for Playlist Live!!! The day has come! My mom was driving me to the airport at this ungodly hour. It was 4AM and it felt awful to be awake this early. I immediately started vlogging. I showed my two suitcases which I checked into baggage claim and a handbag which was my carry-on. At the airport, I was reunited with Louise, Zoe, Marcus, and Maz. Both Zoe and Louise were already actively vlogging so I decided to vlog too. On the flight, I was between Marcus and Zoe. Zoe had some flying anxiety but she did really well. We spent a great deal of the flight just talking and catching up while everyone else was asleep. I was too excited to sleep! 

We got to airport and I saw Caspar and Alfie who I didn't see since the housewarming party. They eagerly greeted with me with hugs. Then we waited for Jack and Finn. It was really good to see them again as you can imagine. I hadn't seen Finn in what felt like forever because he went to South Africa with Jack to do some amazing things. We then got into a car and headed to the hotel.

"How's the line of guys eagerly waiting to go out with you?" Caspar asked as he vlogged.

"Nonexistent. Thanks for asking!" I said with a cheer and a fake smile.

"It's because you go for the badass douchebags. You gotta go for the nice guys!" He points the camera at himself and cheeses. 

"You're right! Hey Alfie!" I said as I turns to Alfie. Alfie looked at me and laughed. I could see in the corner of my eye that Finn looked irritated again. Why does he always do this. We finally got to the hotel and got a quick dinner.

-----------

After dinner, we walked to the lobby where it was a reunion of the YouTubers. There were tens of cameras out documenting this moment. Ones from every angle. Everyone was vlogging including me! I was reunited with Sam Pepper who I hadn't seen in the longest time. I met Louis and Fleur for the first time as well as Tyler Oakley and Joey Graceffa. I met Rebecca Black (who I wasn't necessarily fond of) and her friend Alexa Losely.

I was sharing a hotel room with the beauty gurus - Zoe, Fleur, and Louise. It was an apartment style type of room with a kitchen and living room. They invited me to go swimming with them since it was still fairly early. It was late afternoon but I was too exhausted so I hung out with Fleur poolside.

Later that night, we were all going to chill in our hotel room's living room. Everyone started to come over. I changed into yoga pants and white crop top while Zoe was already in her pajamas. We were all sitting around a table in a living room and there were cameras out. There were lots of side conversations going on but occasionally there was a group conversation. I sat with Jack, Fleur, and Finn. The twins were telling me about their trip to South Africa and how amazing that was. They were doing such great things and I was really proud of them. After a while, Fleur went to catch up with Tonya and Jack merged into the conversation between Alfie and Sam. 

"It's just me and you, buddy." I said to Finn.

"Buddy is what you say to friend zone a guy. I saw that in your How To Friendzone video." He smiled at me.

"I thought we were already friendzoned each other." 

Finn changed the subject. "Why do you and Caspar always talk about this line of guys? Where did this originate?"

"I didn't have anyone to kiss at midnight on New Year's Eve and Caspar was telling me that he doesn't believe it because there is apparently guys waiting in line to have a chance to be with me and I don't realize it."

"That's funny."

"Funny that the line I didn't have anyone to kiss at midnight or funny that Caspar believes there is plethora of guys at my disposal?"

"Funny that you don't believe that guys want you." Finn said to me with a soft voice. I rolled my eyes and looked at him.

"Would you be in this line?" I asked jokingly.

He turned his head to look me in the eye. "I would."

With perfect timing as always, Jack comes back and asks us what we're talking about. I quickly change the subject to something less cheesy. Jack suddenly had this not so brilliant idea to go to the hot tub even though it was closed. So Jack, Louis, Alexa, Finn, and some others went down to the hot tub. They were in their underwear in the water while Alexa, Finn, and I were poolside. 

Louis suddenly said, "Alexa, come here! We haven't properly said hi." She came over and went in for the hug but Louis pulled her into the water. There was a huge splash and her reaction was hilarious. She was now fully clothed in the hot tub. I was just happy because Finn and I were alone again. 

"I never got to finish that conversation we were having earlier." Finn turned to him. Just then, a security guard came up to our group and told us to get out of the hot tub. He scolded us and told us we weren't allowed to be here after closing hours. So we got interrupted, once again. We headed back to the room. It was so funny because people were trying to take pictures of Jack in his underwear so he was in a big hurry to get to his room. We stayed up till really late due to the jet lag. But slowly, people decided sleep was probably a good idea. 

Overall, Day 1 in Florida was super amazing and I couldn't wait for what was in store for the rest of the trip.