Chapter 4

Two weeks had gone by since school started. It had been completely hectic trying to juggle everything. I had to manage all my school work along with filming and editing my new Room Tour video. It was a struggle but I was handling things quite well. But it basically meant that I had no social life and I was trapped in my room for days on end. I would only leave my room to eat or to go to class. I occasionally got visits from Georgina who would update me on her Finn situation which wasn't going well at all. They went on a couple more dates (where she ended up sleeping with him everytime) and she thought things were going smoothly. But she walked into him snogging it up with another girl. It was just really bad to say the least.

Tonight, Georgina and I were heading to another party. Both of us really needed to kick back after this strenuous week. I finally told Georgina what she needed to hear. I told her that Finn wasn't worth her time or effort. He was a sleaze who takes advantage of girls. She took it fairly well. Or as well as girl could possibly take it. She was quite hurt and embarrassed and there were tears. She was actually more ashamed of herself than hurt. But she was healing and I was trying to help her as much as I can because that's what friends do. 

So part of her healing process was going out and having fun. Getting some fresh air and letting loose. Keeping her mind off of him. She needed to show Finn that she was better without him and that she was strong. I told her to avoid confrontation because that's what the other ditzy girl did and she just labeled herself as a sleaze. We wanted to avoid that. 

We got to the party and I somehow got separated from Georgina. But I found a bottle of tequila and decided to take a shot. I winced as the burning liquid went down my throat. Still holding my newfound bottle of tequila, I heard a voice coming from behind me and it belonged to the none other but Finn. He was the last person I wanted to see because I just spent all week on damage control with Georgina. Because of him!

"Pour a shot for me?" He flashed that snarky smile that I so wanted to hate but couldn't. I quickly poured one for him and turned to walk away. But he called after me. "Wait!"

I turn around and glared at him. I could now feel the buzz from that first shot of tequila. 

"I wanted to talk to you!"

"Okay so talk." I said bluntly. I took another shot and I could feel the burning sensation go down my insides. I decided I need to be nicely buzzed if Finn Harries wanted to talk to me. That way, I don't have to refrain from telling him how I feel.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked innocently with a concerned and hurt face.

"You come off as this nice guy who acts like he means well but I see right through you! I'm not stupid. And I'm not going to stay here and small talk with you while you drop subtle smooth lines and play your little games to get me to - you know what, just leave me alone." I said, much less reserved due to the amount of alcohol in my body. I really didn't have a filter when I was drunk. Right after saying that, I stormed off because I really didn't want to deal with this on my one night off. 

------------------

I needed to start my English paper which I had procrastinated till two days until the actual due date to start. I decided to go to a small coffee shop nearby campus to get my caffeine fix whilst working on my paper. I ordered a skinny vanilla latte and I sat down near the window. Before I started working, I took a picture of the table along with my laptop and drink. I tagged the location and wrote: my case of procrastination-itis has gotten worse :( now working on a paper assigned two weeks ago and due in two days.

Somewhere in the middle of typing my second page, someone sits down across from me. I looked up and quickly looked back down at my computer screen. It was Finn.