Chapter 5

I woke up to knocking at my door. I looked at the clock and it was already 11AM. I really needed to stop waking up so late. I fixed my bed head hair and went to open the door.

"Hey, did you just wake up?" Finn said. He looked at me with his piercing green eyes. 

"What do you want?" I demanded instead of asked. 

"Last night, I'm just- I'm sorry. I don't understand why I keep messing up in front of you. I keep screwing up whatever we have going on. I honestly thought that when you left my room, Kurt was leaving. I didn't know that he was going to say goodbye a second time. I'm sorry for that and I'm sorry for waking you up just now." He sounded really genuine and I'm sure he meant it but I just didn't want to be friends with him for my own selfish reasons.

"It's okay. Thanks for the apology. Or apologies, plural." I said. I started to move to close the door but he went on.

"Well, I was hoping that we could still go get brunch or coffee or whatever."

"Uhm, I don't think so." But then I remembered that I was the one that suggested it. But that was before he acted like an ass. But maybe I should keep my word. I was torn and I needed more time to think about it. "I mean, I'm just really exhausted right now and I'm really busy. Maybe another time."

"Alright, I guess I'll see you then." He said with a disappointed look on his face. He seemed like he was all ready to go. He had a black windproof jacket and khaki pants with converses. He always dressed nicely. I half-smiled at him and I closed my door.

I laid back in bed wondering how I was ever going to get out of this mess. Part of me didn't want to go hangout with him but part of me did. But the honest truth was that I barely knew him and I didn't have a solid reason to hate him. He hasn't done anything terrible to me. I just hated him for what he did to other people. So maybe I should give him a chance to prove himself. But what if I'm walking into a trap and I end up getting hurt in the end. Decisions decisions.

------------------------

My makeup was perfect and my outfit was on point. I nervously walked across the hall and I knocked on Finn's door. Yesterday after he showed up at my door, I did a lot of thinking and I thought this was the right thing to do. I stood there for a while and there was still no answer. I would expect him to be with a girl or something but I was hoping to avoid that awkward situation. I knocked loudly on the door again.

The door finally opened and he was again topless and in boxers. "Oh, Kendall!"

"I'm sorry, are you busy...I can come back another time." I couldn't help but admire his body. I bit my lip and tried to look away. It wasn't as toned and he may not have abs like some guys do but it was still quite a sight.

"No, well I just got out of the shower." He said with a cheeky smile. "Don't worry, I was alone."

"I wasn't worrying but I was just going to ask if you wanted to go get some lunch right now." I said quite shyly. It felt like I was asking him out but I would usually never ask any guy out. I'm just not that kind of girl. Plus, this wasn't a date. It was two acquaintances having lunch, or so I told myself.

"Yeah, of course. But I should probably get dressed first. Give me like five minutes." He slammed the door and I could hear him frantically moving around his room trying to get ready. I patiently waited in the corridors as I checked my twitter. 

Finn finally walked out and he was looking dapper as always. We decided to go to a restaurant not too far from our building. We were going to walk which I didn't think was a great idea considering the weather outside but I went along with it. We walked outside and I started to shiver immediately.