Chapter two

I raised my hand and a vine reached up wrapping its self around her leg, but before it could do anything she reached down and cut it. I growled and lunged at her. She jumped out the way losing her daggers. “Come to me.” The daggers jumped to my hand.  She laughed.

“Now this is interesting.” She stood and crossed her hands again.  Another set of daggers appeared.

 “Let the real battle began”. She ran at me swiped the dagger at my neck. I flipped back kicking her in the face as I did so. She hissed out and when I landed, before I could move a dagger landed in my leg. I hissed at her and removed it.

“You will pay for that.” I ran at her, dropped to the ground, slid between her legs cutting at both her ankles. She hissed out. I was on my feet already running at her again. Just when I reached for her she moved out the way, grabbed me by the arm and twisted it behind my back. I dropped the dagger in that hand, and she kicked me in the back of my leg, bringing it down effectively. I could feel her breath near my ear.

“Do I get it now?” I laughed.

 “You haven’t won yet.” Before she could move I reached behind me and flipped her over me. The ground yelled out against the impact. She rolled out the way as I brought the dagger down. Before I could recover she jumped at me knocking me to the ground. She bent down and I could feel her fangs on my neck.

“Damina no!” Damina was thrown off me and a tiger was standing over me protectively.  It growled, and before I could do anything the air around me became thick.

“Michelle…” Ashton was here and he sounded pissed. Michelle stepped over me and I got up. Ashton and Katani came to stand next to Michelle.

“What...”

“Silence.” I actually cringed at the sound of Ashton’s voice. It held so much anger and…betrayal. Each of them had a death stare at Damina. Katani stepped forward.

 “Before I took you into this family I asked who side you were on. I asked would you ever betray us and you lied.” Damina tried to pick herself up, but I could smell the blood. Michelle injured her, badly. “I told you if you were to ever betray us, it would lead to your death.” I went stiff. She wasn’t serious.

Thunder began to fill the air. I looked at Damina, and she stared back at me. Lightening streaked through the air and without a second thought I was in front of Damina covering her body. A pain so unbearable shot through my body, but I didn’t yell out against it. Instead I looked at Damina and smiled.

 “You won my respect, and loyalty.” I leaned up and turned towards the family. Every move I made I regretted. Ashton, Katani, and Michelle who was now in her human form, now stood staring at me. The thunder stopped and instead began to rain.

“Aunty why…” I raised my hand to stop her.

 “Damina was trying to win my respect. What you saw was her making the wining gesture. She wasn’t trying to hurt me in any way.” I pulled in a shaky breath and looked down. Blood soaked every inch of me. I shook my head and looked up. Ashton took a step forward, but I stopped him. “Leave me. Take care of Damina.” It took all strength to stand up, and it was on shaky legs. I breathed deep.

“Forgive me for causing trouble.” I turned and smiled down at Damina. “Do you forgive me?” She slowly sat up and nodded.

 “Of course.” At that I began to walk away. Michelle let out a soft cry. I stopped.

“Please do not come looking for me. I will return.” Without another word I took off running into the woods shutting off the sound of my name being called.