Chapter six

“Go and get some sleep Flower. I will come and get you when he wakes up.” Flower leaned up and looked at Dmitri with pain and sleep evident in her eyes. Dmitri helped her out her seat and when she walked past me she gave me a weak smile.

“Thank you both.” At that she left. We stood in the makeshift hospital in silence. I stood near the door, while Dmitri stood with his back towards me looking down at Drake unconscious body. I could feel the hate, disappointment, and pain radiating off of him. I stood watching him not knowing what I could say to him, when he finally let out a sigh.

“A few more seconds and Drake would have been lost to us.” I frowned at the defeat in his voice.

“Your right a few more seconds and he would have been lost, but he is not.” He let out another sigh.

“Sasha may be. It is almost morning and she still hasn’t come back. I want to give her time, but what if she is gone. Silver and Katara would be devastated and I am not so sure they wouldn’t want to retaliate.” I walked over to him wrapping my arms around his waist and leaning my head on his shoulder.

 “Like you said Sasha is a fierce fighter. She will return. Give it a little more time.” He pulled away and turned around pulling me in his embrace.

 “You are right my love, she is a fighter.” He kissed me on the top of my head. “We can’t let them leave this place until the organization is destroyed.” He sighed again. “I don’t want to make them a prisoner within their own home, but I can’t be with them every hour of the day.”I leaned my head against his shoulder.

 “You are right. We cannot protect them and find the organization.” I pulled away and looked in his eyes. “Call on your pack Dmitri. We need their help.” When he hesitated I looked at Drake unmoving body and then back to him. He understood my silent plea and nodded.

 “If is the only way to keep them safe then it must be done.”

Giving one last look at Drake, Dmitri took my hand and led me outside. In that moment; Silver and Katara came running up to us. Dmitri dropped my hand and kneeled down rubbing both of their heads. “I need to you to help me call to the pack.” The wolves looked at him in understanding. Without standing Dmitri transformed into his wolf. I gazed at the beautiful creature that will forever be mine.

Dmitri tilted his head back and let out an ear piercing howl. Soon Silver and Katara joined them. When they stopped silence hung heavy, and then another howl broke through the air. Soon they were filling the air in different directions. “They know of our location. I need you to do something for me?” I looked at Dmitri.

“I would do anything for you.”

“You have to leave here. I need to prepare them to meet you. I will come to you as soon as I can.” I frowned.

“I have nowhere to go.” Images began to float through my mind, and stopped at a cave.

“I want you to go there and stay there. Werewolves will be arriving from everywhere, and some will attack you. This is the safest place for you. Take Katara with you.”  I nodded my head.

“Alright.” Dmitri turned and looked at Katara. He gave a sharp bark and she looked at him then back to me. Dmitri walked over to her and pushed her towards me with his head.

“She understands what she is supposed to do.”  Dmitri looked at me. “Keep safe until I can come to you. If the organization makes a move on you call to me and call to your brother.” I began to protest, but Dmitri growled at me. “He is still your brother. He will not deny you when you are in desperate need despite the situation. Now hurry and leave I can already feel the first of the werewolves arriving.”  I walked over and kissed his wolf on the head.