Chapter fifteen

Dmitri P.O.V

I watched as Serene clung to her parents. They held her close, but kept their eyes on me. I bowed to them slightly and turned around. Just then Ariel, Aurora, and Morgan came running up to me screaming. I met them halfway. Morgan ran into my arms as Ariel and Aurora stood behind me. In that moment Serene was on my right with Aurora in her arms, and Damina on my left with Ariel in her arms. Michelle, Tanner, Almeria, and Johns had their backs to us growling.

“Get on my back Morgan and hold on tightly.” She climbed on my back and wrapped her arms around my neck tightly. Siriniti, Ashton, Katani, and Serene’s mothers stood behind the wolves hissing at the threat.

 “We need to get them out of here.” We turned to run only to have at least 30 vampires standing at our backs. I growled. I dropped to my knee and let Morgan get off my back.

 “Were outnumbered Dmitri.”  

“Put the girls behind us, and form a protective circle around them. I know what I have to do.”  Serene put Aurora down and Damina put Ariel down. The Royals, My betas, Michelle and Tanner formed a circle around the girls. I looked up.

“Siriniti I need you to get to Flower and Drake.” She disappeared and was back within seconds. She dropped Drake and Flower in the middle. They instantly huddled around the girls. Siriniti and I stepped out our circle and stood side by side.

“All we want is the Elder and his mate. The rest of you can walk away from this alive.” I glared at the male that deemed himself the leader of this group.

 “It is not us who will die. You are going against the Royal and Valentine family. Do you honestly think you will win this fight.” The vampire hissed at me.

“You live only because we allow it.”

“Then you leave us no chose.” In that moment all hell broke loose. I transformed and attacked the one that was talking. He went down effortlessly.  I threw my head back and let out a long howl.

In that moment my pack came from different directions attacking them. I want back to protective circle and went straight to Aurora and Ariel. I put my head on Ariel and closed my eyes.

“Ariel…”

“Yes Elder.”

“When I howl I need you and your sister to take Morgan and her family and run. I will be behind you the whole time. There is another pack two miles from here. Find them the same way you found us and send them back here. No matter what you hear do not stop. Most importantly protect them. You are strong. Remember listen for my howl.”

“I understand Elder.”  I pulled away and looked around. When I saw Serene I ran over to her and jumped on the vampire she was fighting. I bite down and separated its head.

“Serene we need to get them out of here. Ariel knows what to do, but I need you, Damina, Tanner, and Michelle to come follow them and keep them safe.”

What about you Dmitri.”

“I will only follow you so far, after that I will have to come back and fight with my pack. Now let’s open a path for them.”  She nodded and ran towards the little group and began to make a path. I growled and let my beast take over completely. I could feel every wolf’s mind.

 “The humans and two little wolfs are top priority. Assist my mate in making a path. Group off with the royals and holdthe organization off for as long as possible. Michelle and Tanner you will go with Serene. Is that understood?”