in which paul and yoko play a game

After Tessa left, Paul started doing the dishes. He was alone in the flat for a while so he began whistling some of his own music from the twenty first century.

     Once the dishes were washed, dried, and put away, Paul made to go  and sit down on the sofa but he was cut off by a knock at the door. He furrowed his brows, confused as to who that could be, but he went to the door and opened it.

     "Hello, Paul."

    "Oh, hi, Yoko." Paul said, taken aback. He'd just seen her a couple hours earlier and that hadn't exactly end very well. "Uhm, please, come in."

    Yoko smiled. "Thank you," she said, walking into the flat.

     "So," Paul said slowly, trying to ignore how completely awkward this situation was. It had been a bit awkward before, but now that Yoko knew that Paul was dating John it was very extremely awkward. "What's up?" He said at long last.

    "Uh, so, basically.." Yoko sighed. "I was approached with some advice and I thought about it. You've been here for a few years now, and you're in love with him. And he's in love with you. And I'm not going to lie, I was beginning to think of ways that I could change all of that but all of them were manipulative and awful and I'm not going to do that, and if you love each other...well...who am I to get in the way of that?"

    Paul smiled. "Are you serious?"

    "Absolutely." Yoko nodded. "I promise to never get in the way of what you and John have. And you and I? We're going to save him. We're going to live our lives right this time."

     Paul grinned. "Yeah, we are!"

     "So..any ideas on how we're going to do that?" Yoko asked.

     "What, save John?" Paul asked and Yoko nodded. "Oh. That. Right. I mean, it's quite simple, really. I'm going to keep him out of New York for, preferably, about a year before and a year after the day he died. That might not happen though. I want to keep him out of America as much as possible around then, too."

    "It's a good start," Yoko nodded. "Really, it's a good plan overall. I just hope we don't hit any speed bumps."

     "Yeah," Paul sighed. "Me, too."

    They both looked up when the door opened, and in walked none other than John Lennon. "Erm, hello."

    "Hi, John," Paul smiled. "Uh, you remember Yoko? From the art show last night?"

     "Oh, right," John nodded slowly. "Sorry that we didn't get a chance to talk last night," he said to Yoko, not sounding sorry in the slightest. He extended an arm and shook her head. "So..."

    "Oh, I was just about to get going," Yoko said and John just nodded, trying his best to look somewhat disappointed (and failing). "But, Paul, we really should get together sometime."

    "Yeah! You should come over for dinner tomorrow!" Paul said.

     "What?" Yoko and John both looked at Paul and spoke at the same time.

    "Yeah, you should come over and get to know John and George and Ringo," Paul nodded. "Right, John?" He turned to his boyfriend.

     "Oh, uh, yeah," John said, because he was more in love with Paul than he could even put into words and he'd do absolutely anything to make the doe-eyed bassist happy. "Yeah, you should come over for dinner tomorrow."

     "Well...I'd love to." Yoko smiled at Paul. "See you tomorrow, then."

     "See you," Paul waved as she turned to leave.