in which the shadows make a deal

A few days later, Paul woke in the middle of the night to the sound of a guitar being played and a voice singing softly and sweetly. He sat up slowly, careful not to make any noise, and he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

    Was able to make out John's silhouette through the dark, sitting at the end of the bed with a guitar.

    Paul smiled as he listened to John singing.

    "To lead a better life I need my love to be here...

Here, making each day of the year
Changing my life with the wave of his hand
Nobody can deny that there's something there

There, running my hands through his hair
Both of us thinking how good it can be
Someone is speaking but he doesn't know she's there

I want him everywhere and if he's beside me
I know I need never care
But to love him is to need him everywhere
Knowing that love is to share

Each one believing that love never dies
Watching his eyes and hoping I'm always there

I want him everywhere and if he's beside me
I know I need never care
But to love him is to need him everywhere
Knowing that love is to share

Each one believing that love never dies
Watching his eyes and hoping I'm always there

I will be there and everywhere
Here, there and everywhere.."

    "I love it," Paul smiled.

    John jumped and quickly looked around. His features quickly softened, though, and he smiled back, "Didn't know you were awake.. Do you really like it?"

    Paul smiled again and nodded. He crawled to the end of the bed and hugged John. "Yes," he kissed his cheek. "I do."

    "Thanks," John smiled. "I used a tune you were humming the other day. I didn't recognize it, so I hope it isn't from some other song."

    "Really?" Paul said and John nodded.

    Whoops.

     "Well, I don't recognize the tune," Paul said. "I don't remember humming it.. I think it's lovely, though."

    "Oi."

     Paul and John looked up to see Ringo standing in the doorway.

    "I know we said that you need to be quieter when you're having sex," he said. "But could you, like, be quieter over all and maybe not play the guitar at three in the morning?"

    John laughed. "Yeah. Sorry, Ringo."

    "No worries, mate," Ringo said and turned to go back to bed, but before he did he looked back at John and said, "It's a great song, though. We should add it on the next album." And then he was off.

~~~

    Barney did his best to cover up his bruises and cuts using his magic so that no one at the F.H.O. would be suspicious. He dove right back into his job, continuing to transfer more and more files over to the Unkowables.

    It wasn't an extremely tough decision, deciding who would go to the meeting with Marbella Giasson. Darren was more or less the leader of the Unknowables, so obviously he would be going. He that that Tessa was an obvious choice for someone to bring along with him because she was very involved with Paul and Barney who had both been taken by the Shadows.

    "Shouldn't we bring more people with us?" Tessa said to Darren as they were preparing to leave. "We have no idea what to expect. We don't know if she's coming alone or with guards, and if she is coming with guards then we have no idea how many she'll have with her. We are going into this blind, Darren, we need more than two people."