Chapter 14

Camila looked at Lauren waiting for her to say something. She looked down to the ground. The tears were threatening to fall. Lauren was silent and sometimes silence said more than words.

Lauren swallowed as she looked at the woman in front of her. She was so vulnerable, so deeply hurt and damaged.

Then it hit her.

Sinu.

She was the cause off all this. Sure, she hadn't interfered with them or anything. But everything that happened in Camila's past. Her mother always made her feel like shit, like she always made mistakes. Like everything she did was wrong...

"Wanna know what I see when I look at you Camz?" She broke the silence and Camila looked up at her.

"Right now, I see someone who always longs for her mothers approval and even though you fight a lot with her, you still hope that one day she will tell you how good you are. I see someone who was hurt a lot by her own mother. A person who is supposed to help you to the top, not tear you down. The one person who should protect you. What you do with Carlos... I see someone who is very insecure about herself because of the way her mother treats her. Someone who tries so hard to get recognition from her mother. Someone who lived in constant negativity, where they would always talk negative about her and to her. Someone who thinks that she is always bad and she makes mistakes and she never does something right.."

"I always saw that... Your mother doesn't know shit about you. She doesn't know you the way I do. Because I see a lot more. When I look at you I see someone who stands for what she believes in. It's the reason why you fight with your mother so much. Why she always calls you rebellious. She's close minded and you are the complete opposite. I see someone who fought for me many times. Someone who never gives up on the people she loves. When I look into your eyes Camila, I feel nothing but love. You are a great person. You make me smile in my bad days. You opened me up.. about my father. You know how hard it is for me to deal with the fact that he left when I was very little.. You made me talk about him. You comforted me and were always there for me. You give me the feeling that I can conquer the world. When I'm with you, I feel safe. I feel like someone. Like I matter. I used to be so grumpy all the time. I used to hate everyone and dislike love. Love was for suckers... That's why in the very beginning I denied it all. I pushed you away and I didn't want to be involved with you... But this love was different. It was stronger than anything I have ever felt before. I couldn't fight it... I couldn't fight you.."

She smiled, "You amaze me Camila. Day after day. You make me do silly things and even though I'm ten years older than you, you make me feel young. Sometimes I forget that you're younger than me because you can be so mature at times. I love your crazy and wild side, I know I complain a lot about it. But I hope you never lose it. I see how big your heart is. You helped Taylor so much. Instead of stepping away and leaving the pieces on the floor you helped put them back together. You could have been like 'bye Taylor take care of this on your own' but you didn't. You fixed what you broke. You're such an amazing mom. God, I die everytime I look at you and Carlos together. You help him so much and you're always there for him. You're nothing like your mother."

She stepped closer to Camila who just looked at her in shock. She didn't expect Lauren to tell her all this.. Especially about her mother.

But Lauren continued, "So please don't let anyone's words about how wrong and bad you are get to you. Your mother did that so much in your teenage years and I won't let her do that again or anyone for that matter. Because that's the whole problem that always haunted us.. You were damaged because of the lack of love from your mother... That's why you always struggled with being with me.. You always say how you don't deserve me and that you're wrong and bad.. You're human. You make mistakes and yeah some make more than others. That's okay. I can't always forgive you, you know. But I love you enough to let you figure out yourself what you've done wrong."