Chapter 32

Camila woke up to the sound of her annoying alarm. Today she was gonna work at the office instead of working home. She turned it off and then looked at the adorable figure sleeping next to her. She was so happy they were back together again. She wasn't going to let her go. Ever.

She reluctantly stood up and went to the bathroom. She knew Lauren had a day off so she was gonna take Carlos to school. After she had put on clothes and done her make up she went to Carlos his room.

She turned on the light and he groaned. "Mommy!"

"Wake up my little boy. School is calling for you. Your friends miss you." She tried to get him out. He just pulled the covers over his face.

He was grumpy just like his mother in the morning. "Don't forget we almost are going to the beach so if you wake up everything will go faster and before you know it, we'll be sitting on the beach." She tried again and succeeded. As he got out. She helped him in the bathroom and then picked out some clothes for him to wear.

They went downstairs and together they ate breakfast and talked about all the adventures they would make on the beach.

"You're not gonna bail on us right?" He asked after a moment of silence. Camila was shocked to say the least. It hurt that her son thought that. Although she couldn't really blame him.

"I won't." She answered shortly. "I hope not.. because you already said that before.." He looked sadly at his food.

She placed a hand on his arm. "Los, I am not going to leave you again. Okay? You have to trust me." She spoke softly. He shook his head. "Not just me.. you also leave mom a lot. Then she cries and goes with other people that aren't you.. you said she is your princess but then why are you letting everyone steal her from you? Why are you always leaving her?"

Camila could clearly tell that her little boy was upset and everything he was saying right now was an outburst of all the emotion he had kept inside.

She swallowed deeply not knowing what to answer. "I'm sorry.. I love mom so much. You have no idea what she means to me. She just.. sometimes we.. I ehm.." She trailed off. What was she supposed to say?

"It's okay mommy, you don't need to explain or anything I just don't understand when you say that you love her but you always give up on her when things get tough. You told me to never give up on the people you love.. That true love is when I fight for her.. But all you seem to do lately is give up when mom is yelling at you.." He said sadly.

The brown eyed woman was amazed by how intelligent her son was actually.

"Because I can't handle stuff sometimes. I'm just like that. I don't even know why mom fell for me in the first place. I just know that she always stays.." Camila said quietly.

"I think she fell for you because you're funny like I always pee my pants when you make jokes or act all silly with me. Because you are very protective, like you always want to punch people that hurt me or mom. You keep us safe. You tell me stories that you made up just to make me smile and I always see mom looking at you with that silly smile." He told Camila his perspective on things.

"Really? What silly smile?" She was curious what he meant by that.

"I don't know.. Just that silly smile she has just with you. When you do stuff and you're not looking at her but she is looking at you and then she has this smile. I think that she really loves you and I hope you never leave us because you are my mother and I am scared when you're gone. Please stay with us forever.." He pleaded.

At this very moment, Camila felt so guilty. She never knew how much pain she had caused her little hero.

"I'm so sorry. I promise to try harder. To fight for my love. To not give up so quick. But I said 'try' okay.."