1| GIRL MEETS BOY

MAYA HART STARRED AT THE BAY WINDOW IN HER NEW HOME. A hand rested on Maya's shoulder. "I know it isn't like the one you shared with Riley, but I thought you'd like it," Shawn said. "Thanks, Shawn, it means a lot." "I'll meet you downstairs, kid." Maya nodded. She quickly grabbed her backpack and sketchbook. Before leaving her new room, Maya looked back at the bay window. A sigh leaving her lips as she closed the door and made her way down the stairs. "Baby girl, I made breakfast. Hurry up before it gets cold." Katy yelled.

🎨

Maya's eyes were set on the boy a couple of seats ahead of her. Her eyes scanned his every feature. For some unknown reason, the boy captivated Maya. The way his face said so much it was rather breathtaking. Maya continued to sketch as Waste the Night by 5 Seconds of Summer played in her ears. She hummed along to the music as she worked on her sketch.

Maya's eyes drift up to meet the stranger's eyes. The blonde quickly looked down at her sketchbook. For minutes she'd been drawing, just letting it flow. And now she was done. Maya starred down at the drawing. Her eyes widened suddenly, realizing she'd drawn the boy who'd gotten her attention the minute he walked in.

The bell rang, dismissing the class. Maya watched as the students began to pack their things and leave the room. The blonde quickly closed her sketchbook and threw her pencils in her bag. Maya got up and made her way out the door. The school day was finally over, and it'd gone uneventful. Distracted by her thoughts, Maya ran into a locker door. Her hands reached up to cover her nose, making her drop her sketchbook.

The locker door closed, and Maya was meet with baby blue eyes of the stranger she'd drawn. "Oh my god, are you okay?"He asked. He kneeled to get her sketchbook. Maya watched as he starred at the drawing. "Is this supposed to be me?" He asked. Maya let go of her nose. "Maybe. Okay, it's you." She said, taking back the sketchbook. "Your bleeding," the boy stated as he reached to clean Maya's nose. "I don't need your help, pretty boy," Maya said, slapping his hand away.

The nickname made the boy smirk. "Actually my name Liam. But it's nice to know you think I am pretty." Maya rolled her eyes, "Whatever," Maya turned to walk away. "Wait. You didn't tell me your name." "I don't need to. You won't be using it." Maya said. The blonde quickly found the girl's locker room and washed away the blood. Maya couldn't believe the best she could do was pretty boy. Seriously Maya! Pretty boy? That's a compliment. Maya thought. After washing away the blood, she made her way out to the lacrosse field.

Maya spotted the bus she was supposed to take home and the one she wasn't going to get on. Maya wanted to explore Beacon Hills, the small town that seemed too short. The city that somehow fascinating her. Walking past the lacrosse field, Liam spotted Maya, the blonde beauty. Liam ran over to Maya, "I know you think I am pretty but stocking that's a little creepy blondie." Maya rolled her eyes, "Don't get cocky, pretty boy. I was just leaving." Maya made her way off the field. The blonde was unsure of where she was going but hopefully she'd make it to the hospital. The hospital where her mom was volunteering.

🎨

Maya sat in the waiting room of the hospital. She sketched the faces of the many strangers that walked past her. The sketch held many blurred faces due to the fact the strangers moved to fast to capture every feature. As she sketched her phone vibrated.

From RileyTown
Maya please answer.

Maya had been ignoring her friends. It's better this way, Maya reminded herself. If she didn't answer no one would get hurt. If she answered they'd be connected for awhile and eventually distance would get the best of them and they'd never talk. So might as well end all contact now. Her thoughts were interrupted when her phone vibrated again. This time it wasn't Riley.

From: Ranger Rick
Riley said you weren't answering her messages. She thought maybe I could get through to you. hi.

Maya sighed, and slid her phone into her back pocket. The blonde continued to sketch making sure to shade behind every person to separate them. Some how there was more to the shading then it'd appeared. To Maya the shading represented their demons. It wasn't the nicest way of seeing the sketch but truth be told neither was world.

Scott and Stiles carried Liam into the hospital. They stood across from Maya. Maya glanced up and noticed the three boys. Her eyes widen, how in the world were the people here so good looking. Melissa made her way over to the boys and Maya watched. "Uh hi mom" Scott said awkwardly. "Maya honey can you help me" Melissa said. Maya nodded and put her things away. Maya wrapped one of Liam's arm around her. "Don't worry Liam. We'll take good care of you."

After setting Liam down Melissa left the room. Maya soon followed, "Blondie wait." Liam called. Maya stopped in her tracks. She was already outside the door. Maya was unsure of what Liam could possibly want. Slowly Maya turned around, she raised a brow. "What do you want pretty boy?" "Your company Maya." Maya rolled her eyes at his comment. "Yeah well your not going to get it."

"Blondie come on, give me a chance." Liam winked. Maya folded her arms over her chest. "Give me one good reason why I should waste my time with you." "Well you could waste your time with your sketch pad or you could waste it with me." Liam offered. "Tempting really it is but I'd rather waste my time with my sketch book. I'll see you around" Maya winked. As Maya turned around a growl echo through the hallway. "Did you hear that?" Liam asked. Maya nodded as she stepped into the hall. Liam got out of bed and followed Maya into the hall.

"Well lets go back into the room because last time I checked the people who go check out what the noise is die. And I am not ready to die." Maya said as she pushed Liam towards the door. Once again a growl echoed through the hall. Something grabbed at Maya's leg, throwing her to the ground. Maya caught sight of a boy in a bloody shirt. The boy crawled towards Maya. She kicked him in the face, he lost his grip on her leg and Liam helped her up. "Run!" Maya yelled. The two ran towards the end of the hall, only one of them making it. As Maya was about to turn the corner when she spotted Liam on the ground. She stopped, "Maya run! I'll be okay, I promise"

Maya nodded and turned the corner. But something was off. Something didn't set well in her stomach. A sigh escaped her lips as she spotted a fire alarm. The blonde ran to the alarm and pulled it. Next to the alarm was one of those emergency things that held an axe and a fire distinguisher. Scenes from movies kept playing in Maya's head. Maya's fist went through the glass. She quickly pulled out the axe and ran back to the hall where she'd last seen Liam. Blood stained the floor, leaving a trail for Maya to follow.

She followed the trail to the roof. She wasn't alone, three other people stood on the roof. Maya stood by the door watching as two of three boys fought. "Liam!" Maya yelled. "Over here!" Maya walked over to the edge of the roof where Liam struggled to hold himself up. The blonde set the axe down and got on her knees. "Give me your hand" she said. Liam nodded and grabbed Maya's hand. A tingling sensation ran through Maya's hand. Maya began to pull Liam up. "Duck!" Liam shouted. "What?" Maya asked as she was kicked in the back and pushed off the edge. Now both teens hanged off the building. The only thing keeping Maya up was Liam. Maya looked up at Liam, "I swear to god pretty boy, if you let go I am going to haunt you for the rest of your life." "I think I can live with that." Liam chuckled.

"Your kidding right? We're hanging off the side of a hospital, this is not a time to joke around." "Okay okay. I am done" Liam said. "Don't let go" Maya begged. "I promise" "I don't need promises." Suddenly Liam let out a scream. Maya's hand continued to slip as Liam was being pulled up.

"Liam" Maya said as she completely lost hold of Liam's hand. The blonde closed her eyes and waited for her body to hit the ground. But it never happened. Her blue eyes snapped open to see red one. Maya screamed and pushed the stranger away.